Death and Life

(Y/n) P.O.V

I sighed, it had been three weeks since Hiro, my new friend,'s brother passed away. I only ever said two words to him but I could tell he was one of those cool brothers people would die to have.

I sat at my desk and pulled out my drawing tablet. I wanted to be apart of Walt Disney Animation Studios when I was older.

I turned the radio on for inspirational music. Only to hear 'Thinking Out Loud' by Ed Sheeran. That wasn't exactly a happy upbeat song so I changed the channel. 'Top of The World' by Greek Fire was playing.

I smiled. "Mah jam!" I exclaimed. I whipped out the tablet's stylus and began to create a miniature movie I could put together with the song. Eventually, I made the radio loop the song and soon I was listening to it 50,51,52 times. 3D animations take a while you know.

Hours flew by as I screen captured the 3D model's movement. Key points and frames were rendered and colour was added.

"On top of the world, on top of it all, trying to feel invincible..." The music blared out and by then it was well into the night and nearly the next day.

"Dying on top of the world..." I put my pen down as the music finished and loaded it onto a disk. I added the song to the video and took the disk out of the tablet's USB hard drive.

I smiled to myself and went to bed. The next day, I walked to the Lucky Cat Cafe to be greeted by Aunt Cass.

"How's he?" I asked. She sighed.

"Getting there... Maybe you can cheer him up." She smiled. I nodded and walked up the stairs. I went into Hiro's room to see him asleep on his bed, tear stained face.

I smiled sadly and opened his laptop, I loaded the disk I brought with me and got the video ready. I wanted to show him my accomplishments even if he didn't care.

Hiro stirred and woke up from the sound of me tapping on his laptop. "Hi Hiro." I said softly, sitting by his side on the bed.

"..." He just looked down at his lap. Didn't even care I was there. "I miss him." He finally whispered. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"I am going to tell you a story, the story of Life and Death." I stated. Hiro gave no response.

"Once... Life went face to face with Death and asked him a deep question. She said, 'Why does everyone love me but hate you?' Death looked at her carefully before answering, 'Because you are a beautiful lie and I'm a painful truth.' Life thought hard about what Death had said to her. He was demanded to be felt, she however she was a choice." I finished my story and looked for a reaction. Nothing. Emptiness. Just like his heart.

I sighed and got up, ready to leave. "So... I should be happy for Dashi?" he asked. I froze and turned to him.

"Yes... He wouldn't want you to be like this." I said slowly. Hiro nodded and regained his posture. He jumped out of bed and started running around his room, picking up pieces of clothing and shoes, he dove into the bathroom and stayed in there for a good thirty minutes.

When he finally came out, he looked as if he never had been in depression. "Your right... He wouldn't have wanted this." Hiro agreed, smiling for the first time in weeks.

"I'm right?" I asked. Hiro nodded.

"So, what were you doing on my laptop this morning?" He asked smiling.

"Oh! I wanted to show you something." I said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to his laptop.

"Then show me." He said. I got the animation I made up and hit play. The video consisted of memorabilia's of Hiro and his group of friends as Big Hero 6. There were a bunch of me and him to, hanging out making robots and at the end was him and Tadashi, teasing each other and hanging out having fun. At the very end, white letters on a black background appeared, spelling out the words, "Tadashi is Here."

Hiro turned to me. "This is amazing! Disney Animation Studio HAS to have you! Your a natural but why did you make this?" He asked. I fiddled with my fingers.

"I wanted to give it to you... I made it for you so you could remember Tadashi." I said. Hiro's eyes widened.

"Thank you." He said.

"Anything for a friend right?" I asked.

"I guess so." He said.

We smiled and started doing the usual thing we always did, talk, and invent... Like the good old days.