Why Not?

Hi! This is another request, for RomanticWaltz2764 . The song is so adorable... I can't stop listening to it!!!

Hiro's P.O.V

All I could think about was (y/n). She seemed to be the only thing on my mind. I loved her and really wanted to tell her.

"See I can't wake up I'm living a nightmare
That keeps playing over again"

I asked her to come over to my house so I could confess. And here she is, standing in front of me.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked gently.

"Oh... No I'm good..." I smiled. "Can I ask you a question though?" I gulped, this is it.

"Of course!" She smiled.

"I really like you." I confessed.

"Oh... I ... I'm very touched Hiro... But I see our relationship as friends." She said. My heart sunk heavily.

"Locked in a room so hung up on you
And you're cool with just being friends
Left on the sidelines
Stuck at a red light
Waiting for my time
And I can't see"

The room went quiet after a while as I processed the events that had just happened.

"Why don't you love me?
Touch me, tell me I'm your everything
The air you breathe
And why don't you love me baby?
Open up your heart tonight
'cause I could be all that you need
Ohhhhhhh
Why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?"

(Y/n) P.O.V

I looked at Hiro's face. He was broken. I could tell, I was just to afraid to love him. What if he hurt me? Or he wasn't what I hoped?

I looked at his miserable face again, just like the time Tadashi died. The poor kid. All the trauma he has been through and then I reject him in fears.

Maybe it was worth trying? Maybe all my fears pushed aside would let me live a happy life? Would he really be that cruel if he had experienced all these bad things?

Wouldn't he understand what it's like to be scared? So he wouldn't do it to others? Now my mind had other thoughts.

"Hiro?" I asked, getting his attention.

"See I'm just too scared to tell you the truth
Cause my heart ache can't take anymore
Broken and bruised longing for you
And I don't know what I'm waiting for"

"Hiro... I want to be with you... Really...I just get nervous. I don't want either of us to hurt or be broken." I explained.

Hiro grabbed my hands tightly. "I would never hurt you, I would never let you go." He consoled.

He truly understood me and never did anything to hurt me before, so why would he now?

"Left on the sidelines
Stuck at a red light
Waiting for my time
So just tell me
Why don't you love me?
Touch me, tell me I'm your everything
The air you breathe
And why don't you love me baby?
Open up your heart tonight
'cause I could be all that you need
Ohhhhhhh"

"Okay then Hiro, I trust you." I smiled, Hiro's eyes widened and he stared at me.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yes... I want to push my fear aside for you." I grinned. Hiro smiled and hugged me tightly.

"Why don't you give me a reason? (give me a reason)
Please tell me the truth (Please tell me the truth)
You know that I'll keep believing (I'll keep believing)
Till I'm with you"

We parted and stared at each other for a while. We inched closer together as he cupped my face in his soft hands.

He brought my face closer and started to close his eyes. I did the same to and felt a tingly feeling when our lips touched.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer.

"Why don't you love me?
Kiss me, I can feel your heart tonight
It's killing me so
Why don't you love me?
Touch me, tell me I'm your everything
The air you breathe
And why don't you love me baby?
Open up your heart tonight
'cause I could be all that you need
Ohhhhhhh"

We separated after for some air and blushed slightly at each other's presents.

We pulled further apart and smiled at each other. My fears were away and things looked like they would work out.

"I'm glad you wanted to try this out... But it's okay to be afraid." Hiro said lightly.

"I know... But with you, I don't think I have any fears." I said truthfully as a big weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

"I'm glad then." Hiro smiled, pulling me in for another hug.

"Why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?"