Unique

Hi! Just a heads up that there is some cuss words here so if you don't like them, sorry! Just replace them with some other words.

Hiro's P.O.V

I've seen the way people treat her, I've heard the things they say. It's not fair, not a single part.

I've just never had the courage to talk to her.

She is so different from the world, she sees things differently and yet she gets judged by that. Why should someone's perspective of the world determine their fate?

I really want to talk to her, I honestly don't care what people will say anymore, I just want her to know that I exist and want to help.

I won't brag, I'm a ladies magnet which is one of the things that scare me. What if the girl of my dreams thought I was a suck up? Or an attention seeker?

I am one out of the billions of people in the world that truly sees her, but will she see me?

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Whore."

"Bitch."

"Idiot."

"Smart ass."

"Shit"

"Useless"

Those are the words that describe me. Is the way I think, the way to treat me? Just because I don't believe that rainbows are created by magic or that fireworks are glitter doesn't mean I should be treated any different.

But I am the "nerd" who doesn't give a shit to the world apparently.

I'm the "freak" who is the smallest child in high school.

I'm the "geek" who knows how many moons out solar system has in total but not how many students go to the school.

I'm the "weirdo" who loves science, and is true to myself, and is judged because of that.

I'm the girl people see different. I'm the odd one out. I don't belong.

No one notices me as a friendly person, only nerdy show off. I sit at lunch by myself as the "cool" kids go do stupid cafeteria things like table surfing with lunch trays.

If I wasn't here, it wouldn't have made a difference.

Hiro's P.O.V

If she wasn't here, I'd be so lost. She seems so strong, ignoring those comments and torments. I know she is strong but inside she is broken.

I was going to talk to her.

At lunch. I ran by the cool kids table surfing to see the girl of my dreams, (y/n), sitting alone at a table eating her lunch while readying a book on philosophy.

"Hey Hamada! Come sit with us!" I heard an older year 12 call. I walked up to them and shrugged.

"Sorry guys, I'm going to talk to someone, tomorrow?" I asked.

"Who is it Hamada? A girl?" Toby asked. I blushed.

"Yeah." I admitted.

"Ooh! Who?" Simon asked.

"(Y/n)." I said, about to walk off. I was pulled back by strong arms.

"Woah dude, uh uh. Not her, she's weird." Toby said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Just stay here." Simon said. I pulled myself free.

"No thanks, I'm going to talk to her." I said.

"Do that and you can leave us cool guys, she is a know it all, no wonder she has no friends." They laughed. I shrugged and ran to (y/n) who sat by herself.

"Um hi!" I said. She looked up at me carefully.

"Third pocket to the left, just leave me a few cents." She sighed. I looked at her confused.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Aren't you going to take my lunch money?" She asked.

"Why would I do that? I actually came to talk to you... I wanted to get to know you... Be your friend." I smiled.

"Is this a joke? No one wants to be my friend. I'm the youngest nerdiest kid here." She said, propping her head up with her hands.

"... Actually your not, I'm Hiro Hamada, I'm actually in some of your classes... I'm 14... A few months older than you." I admitted.

"How do you know your a few months older than me?" She asked.

"I heard you when you told everyone it was your birthday... I was trying to say happy birthday, I really was but my so called "friends" stopped me." I explained.

"So, you're like me?" She asked.

"Well, if you want to put it that way... Yeah." I admitted.

"Thanks... For choosing to hang with me then." She smiled.

"No problem." I smiled back.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

So someone DID care. I wasn't all alone all these years after all. Hiro wanted to be my friend!

Maybe things were finally turning around... My fate has definitely changed.

'There're those who say fate is something beyond our command.
That destiny is not our own, but I know better.

Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it.'