Take a bullet

My friend FOR-Ever-ART showed me this post on Instagram and I just had to write about it! It's so sad though!!!

(Y/n) P.O.V

I sat with my mum at the doctor's office. I hadn't been feeling well for the past few weeks and my mother grew worried.

The doctor came out and whispered something to my mum. Her eyes widened and tears spilled out.

"What's wrong mum?" I asked gently on the way home.

"I am so sorry but... You have lung cancer. You have one week left."she said. No. This wasn't possible. I didn't want to die. I still had my mum and amazing boyfriend Hiro!

I took out my phone to see a text from him.

Hiro: Hey (y/n)! You okay? Honey Lemon said you were feeling ill and needed to go to the doctor's.

(Y/n): Hey Hiro! I'm fine... It's okay, really.

Hiro's P.O.V

The next day, (y/n) wasn't at school. She wasn't even called out in the roll. Something wasn't right.

I decided to text her and ask her what happened.

Hiro: Hey beautiful, you okay?

(Y/n): Yeah I'm fine... Just the common cold... Call me in ten minutes, I need to ask you something.

Hiro: okay! <3

I waited for a while and then dialed her number. When she picked up, she coughed loudly and spoke. Her voice was raspy and she sounded very sick.

"Sorry Hiro... Allergies reacting. I have a question to ask you." She stated.

"Yes? I am listening." I said. I heard her sigh.

"Would you die for me?" She asked. I paused... Of course I would! But why did she ask?

"I would take a bullet to my head for you." I replied.

"Good. Love you bye!" She said quickly and hung up.

"But I never got to say good bye..." I said slowly.

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I had four days to live. Everyone knew but Hiro... I just didn't want him to face depression.

The next day passed by and the gang excluding Hiro visited me. Honey Lemon hugged me so tight and GoGo just looked down in sadness.

Hiro's P.O.V

(Y/n) hadn't been coming to school all week. It was now Thursday and still nothing. As I walked through the front gates I got a text.

(Y/n): I think we should break up.

Hiro: Why!?

(Y/n): Somethings just can't be answered Hiro... It's best you don't know.

I looked shocked and cried. I didn't care if the whole campus noticed me. My girlfriend broke up with me!

"Hiro... Don't be depressed." I heard Honey Lemon say.

"Easy enough for you to say. You didn't have a partner to break up with you." I sniffed. Fred put a hand on my shoulder. He sighed.

"If you really want to know what has been going on with (y/n)... Call this number." He said handing me a piece of paper.

"But if it's to late, she says not to be sad." Wasabi added with a sad smile. The rest of the day came and left so fast that it was a blur. At the end of the day I rang the number.

"Hello!? San Fransokyo hospital. How did you get this private number?" A female voice asked. My eyes widened in shock. This was the private phone number for the hospital... Only people who need to be in contact incase of emergencies had this number.

"I am looking for (y/n) (l/n)?" I asked.

"Ah yes... Come over. (Y/n) is in room 436." The lady said.

"Thank you." I said as I ran there.

(Y/n) P.O.V

Today was my last day. They decided to put me out of my misery and let the machines stop. Once they do... I stop to.

I heard panting and my door opened with a bang. It was Hiro, the last person I expected to see.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked as he rubbed my hand.

"I didn't want you to feel hurt." I replied crying.

"When are they taking you off?" He asked quietly. I looked down.

"Tonight." I replied. Suddenly a nurse came in and said that visiting hours were over. Hiro pecked my lips and left.

That night they turned the machine off and I fell asleep.

Hiro's P.O.V

She was gone. She wouldn't come back. That's when I remembered her question.

"Would you die for me?" She had asked.

"I would take a bullet to my head for you." I replied.

I knew what to do.

Third person P.O.V

The next morning, Hiro was found on the floor, blood out of his head with a pistol in his hand and a note in the other.

It read:

"I swore I'd take a bullet for her."