Go For It

(Y/n) P.O.V

I have been dating Hiro Hamada for 7 years, I was 20 and he was 21. I honestly didn't expect our relationship to carry on this far, but I still had faith.

I woke up to see a text from him. 'Meet at S.F.I.T pavilion' it read. We don't go to the institute anymore but since Hiro is a famous inventor, he gets to do special programs for the students.

I got up and dressed and headed down the stairs to make myself breakfast. I ate it and got ready to leave.

Hiro's P.O.V

The gang, Aunt Cass and I were all at the table. "You can do it. I know you can!" Honey Lemon said.

"I know... I am just nervous... That's all." I admitted.

"Stop whining, woman up." GoGo encouraged.

"Ooh! My little man is finally getting the courage to ask!" Aunt Cass exclaimed.

Me and (y/n) had been dating for 7 years and I finally got the courage to propose today. I fidgeted with the box in my hoodie.

"Well, I better get going... Wish me luck!" I said as I rushed to the institute.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I sat down at the small pavilion where all the exciting things in my life happened. When I met Hiro, when he confessed, asked me out, had my first kiss, my first boyfriend... So many wonderful things.

I saw in the distance a a boy with black messy hair, red t shirt, brown khaki pants, converse shoes and navy blue hoodie. It was Hiro.

Even though it's been seven years, he still wore the same thing. He jogged up to the pavilion.

"Hey (y/n)!" He said.

"Hi Hiro! What did you want to see me for?" I asked. He froze and fiddled with something in his pocket.

"Let's go for a walk." He said. He lead me around the campus as we enjoyed each other's company. It was a Saturday so the institute was closed.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked.

"You already did but continue." I giggled.

"What do you imagine our relationship to be like in... Let's say 5 years?" He asked.

"Oh... I don't know... What ever happens, happens I guess. I never really put much thought into it until now. All I can say is that when you asked me to be your girlfriend... I never would have guessed that our relationship would turn out the way it is now." I said.

"I couldn't say it any better." He agreed. This greatly frustrated me. I wanted to be a bit more than boyfriend, girlfriend with him... Can't he just pop the question!?

Hiro could tell something was bothering me and stopped our walk. We were back at the pavilion where we started.

"Hey... What's wrong? You can tell me anything you know." He said, lifting up my chin with a finger.

"I was just worried if our relationship would end." I lied. Yes, I did worry that would happen from time to time but that wasn't what I was currently thinking.

He turned to me and looked into my eyes. He kissed me then caressed my cheek. "I know something that will prevent that all from happening." He said.

Honey Lemon's P.O.V

The gang and I hid behind a bush. We were secretly waiting to record the perfect moment, we hid a small microphone in Hiro's hoodie and Fred got Heathcliff to record from afar.

Just hurry up and ask her Hiro!!!

Hiro's P.O.V

I felt like now was the right time to ask her. I took a deep breath and looked into her warm eyes.

"(Y/n),"

(Y/n) P.O.V

"(Y/n)," he started.

"Yes?" I asked.

"This pavilion, is where all the exciting things in our lives happened... When we first met, I confessed, I asked you out, had my first kiss and first girlfriend." He stated.

"I know that... And I am more than grateful for everything you have done for me." I replied.

Hiro smiled. "Then, would you do me the honour of two things... One, making me the happiest man on earth by, two, celebrating one more special event on this pavilion with me?" He asked.

"And that is?" I asked, not sure where this was heading.

"(Y/n), will you marry me?" He asked as he bent down on one knee and produced a velvet box. He opened it and in it was the most beautiful diamond ring I had ever seen.

"Oh my god... I think i am gonna cry!" I said fanning myself with my hand. "Yes!" I squealed as he slid the ring on my finger. I looked at it and kiss him.

"I love you so much Hiro." I said.

"I love you more (y/n)." He replied.