Your Imperfects Make You Perfect

(Y/n) P.O.V

I walked outside my house to the cafe around the corner. 'The.....lucky... Cat... Cafe'? I read in struggle. The truth was I had dyslexia, a problem that some people can have. I find it hard to recognise symbols and characters as what they are and it makes it hard for me to read.

I walked into the cafe and sat down on a table and started the pile of homework I had. Of course, if I could read it properly it would take a few minutes but seeing as I had this disability it slowed me down.

Aunt Cass came up to me. She was one of the few people who knew about my dyslexia.

"Hello (y/n)! Homework again?" She asked. I nodded.

"Could I have a chocolate donut to please?" I asked.

"Of course! It's on the house!" She exclaimed and ran off to get the treat. As she did, I started my homework.

Of course because of my disability, I was put back a load of years. If I could just understand the words then I could have graduated early!

"If I had.... 100 apples and... uh... 11? 9? 9 people, how many... Do... Uh... I have to give... Umm... Each person?" I slowly read.

I wrote down my answer as Aunt Cass returned. "Thank you." I said and began to eat. I continued my work as Aunt Cass watched me struggle.

"(Y/n) sweetie, I think I have an idea to help you." She said. I looked in surprise.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Just wait here." She said. She went up to her house that was above the cafe and came back down with a boy my age.

"(Y/n), this is Hiro my nephew. Hiro, this is (y/n)." Aunt Cass introduced.

"Hey!" I waved. He smiled back.

"Okay Hiro, can you help (y/n) with her homework?" Aunt Cass asked.

"Oh no it's okay really-" I started.

"Sure!" Hiro agreed. He pulled a chair next to me and read through my homework. I began to blush in embarrassment. He would either think I was dumb or I had dyslexia. Either way it was embarrassing.

"Okay so for the first question, it's says 17495 divided by 43. I believe the answer you put is incorrect." He pointed out.

My eyes widened in realisation. "Oh! I thought it said something different! This is easy!" I exclaimed as I put the answer in.

After we finished, Hiro turned to face me. "You know you don't need to feel bad about having dyslexia." He said.

"H-how did you find out?" I asked shocked.

"I could see you were having difficulties with reading. Follow me, I want to introduce you to someone who might be able to help you." He said and pulled me to what looked like his room.

I sat down on his bed as he said "ow". Suddenly a big white marshmallow robot thing emerged from a red box and waddled over to us.

Hiro's P.O.V

Baymax made his way over to us and started his usual programmed greeting.

"Hello! I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion!" He stated.

"Baymax, this is (y/n). (Y/n), meet Baymax." I introduced the two.

"Hello (y/n)! You seem to have a slight disability. I will scan you now." He stated.

"What!? It's okay you don't need to-"

"You seem to be suffering from a slight brian disorder known as dyslexia, for a cure, I can give you daily medical therapy to train your brain to recognise characters and symbols." He stated.

"Y-you can do that for me!?" (Y/n) stuttered.

"Yes." Baymax stated.

"How about you start now?" I suggested.

"That would be a wise idea Hiro." Baymax informed us. (Y/n) and Baymax started to go through the courses and at the end of the week I gave (y/n) a paragraph to read.

"(Y/n), this is a test to see if you can read thanks to Baymax but it is also a note of confession." She read. "I really like you and I have grown to find you caring and pretty. You don't need to be able to know how to read to be perfect in my book, just being the way you are is enough for me. So, if you manage to read this far, may I have the pleasure of being your boyfriend?

Love, from, Hiro."

She turned to face me. "Did that really say that?" She asked in disbelief.

"Uh yeah." I nodded my head. She began to cry tears of joy.

"Oh my god! I can read! Thank you so much Hiro!Of course you can be my boyfriend!" She yelled in happiness

I smiled and caresses her cheek and kissed her.