Glass Wall (Pt 2)

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Thanks." I blushed.

"What inspired you to sing it?" Hiro asked me. I gulped... Should I tell him the truth?

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me." I said. Hiro crossed his arms.

"Try me." He smirked. I blushed. "Not like that!!!" He exclaimed.

"I know, uh... Follow me, I'll show you something." I said, leading him to my room.

"I don't see how your room had to do with you singing that song." He said confused. I rolled my eyes.

"Sit down on my bed." I indicated to him. He did as told as I turned on my TV and popped 'Big Hero 6' in.

"Okay, I'm gonna show you something, before I do, I want to say a bit about me, my parents as you know, died in a car crash. I got bullied a lot at school and have no proper friends, I saw this movie and the main character was so similar to me. He seemed like a person I would understand, eventually, he helped me carry on and I developed a ... Crush on him." My cheeks flushed.

"And that's why I sung that song, I used to wish he were real and it would frustrate me..." I explained.

"Used to? So you don't anymore?" Hiro asked. I opened my mouth to respond but no words came out.

"Uh... Some certain events... Happened! And... It changed my view on things... You'll see." I said, pressing the play button.

I sat on my desk and decided to draw while he watched his movie. I looked up some photos online of Big Hero 6 and decided to draw Hiro and Baymax hugging, like when Hiro rebuilt him.

I heard Hiro gasp at the TV as his picture appeared. I smiled to myself, he would figure out who I liked.

I started colouring in my picture as I heard Tadashi die. Must be hard to rewatch something like that.

I continued working when I heard the TV stop playing. I turned around to see Hiro stopping the movie, it was at the point where the gang were trying out their super suits.

"Get why I played that song now?" I asked as he walked over to me.

"Yeah... I do... But I have a question." He said.

"Yes?" I asked. He took a deep breath.

"When you said you had a crush on the main character... Did you mean me? Because I was the main character in the movie..." He drifted off.

"Uh... Yeah." I said getting up from my desk. Hiro caught sight of my drawing.

"Nice drawing." He said. I looked at the picture and blushed, slamming the book shut.

"So... That's why I sang that song!" I exclaimed.

"Wanna sing it again?" He asked.

"Uh sure?" We walked back to the grand piano and I ran my fingers over the keys.

"Can you see me?
The pixels on your screen
My voice that can reach you
The one thing that breaks through." I started. Hiro put a finger to my lips and sang the next verse as I played.

"The words that you type
They keep me warm at night
But why can't I feel you
To be there just us two
If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you" His voice was so gentle and soothing... Like a dream.

"Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart" I continued after him, hitting all the high notes.

"Just for you, my love
The sound of your voice
Reaches through the noise
The bits of your words
They make up my world
But we're two worlds apart
My code and your heart" Hiro sang after me, once he finished, I starting sing.

"But you'll be there for me
I'll be here through your screen
If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you
Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart
Just for you, my love" we both sang in sweet harmony, our voices mixing high and low notes together.

"If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you
Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart
Just for you, my love" I played the last chords on the piano and turned to face him, he cupped my face in his hands and kissed my lips.

We pulled apart. "I love you (y/n)." Hiro whispered.

"I love you to Hiro." I whispered back...

I shot up in bed, my heart was fluttering.

It was just a dream.