Issues (Pt 1)

(Y/n) P.O.V

I was a hard kid to handle, no one could do it better than my mother, she knew my allergies, medical conditions and illnesses. It was hard to find someone who could understand all these things.

Most people gave up when I mentioned my allergies, thinking I was to hard to look after, why I need looking after? My mother had passed away.

I was put in the orphanage to be adopted, other kids found me annoying or just plain hard to handle.

Families preferred other kids that didn't have as many conditions as me and soon I gave up on trying for a family. Every time a family walked through the front doors, I stayed in my beanbag chair.

Then THEY came.

I didn't look up once through out the whole time the new family walked through those doors, I usually didn't bother, many of the girls started squealing... The family probably had a boy in it.

I found that gross, if they were to fall in love with that boy and then be adopted... Ugh it's just wrong.

I continued to read the manga I had when a shadow loomed over me. I looked up to see a boy a year older than me. He had black fluffy hair and kind brown eyes.

"Hi!" He cheered.

"Uh hey." I said.

"Why aren't you with the others?" He asked.

"No one wants me so I don't try." I replied, continuing to read. I stopped and looked at him.

"Why did you come to me?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to get to know you." He said.

"Well in that case I'm (y/n) (l/n), the "issues" kid." I said.

"I'm Hiro, I don't think you have issues." He said.

"Thanks but I do, stuff I can't help but I get through it, why are you here with your mum?" I asked, looking at a young woman with brunette hair and green eyes.

"That's my Aunt Cass, she thought it would be nice if I made friends with someone and we adopt them... My brother passed away and she didn't want me to feel lonely." He explained.

"You make it sound like us orphans are pets." I laughed.

"You know what I mean, how long have you been here for?" He asked.

"5 years, the record." I said.

"5? I still don't get why no one adopted you." Hiro said.

"I have medical problems that no one bothers to learn, they find it to hard to remember and find other children who don't have as many problems." I said.

"What is your medical problem? I have a mild allergy to peanuts, it can't be that bad." He reasoned. I nodded my head.

"That's not that bad compared to me, I'm allergic to dairy, all nuts, rabbits, dogs, horses, dust, grass, eggs, gluten, gelatine and ham. It's hard for me to eat any actual foods plus I have bad eye sight and a weird lung condition which means I get tired if I run for to long." I said.

"And that's the only reason they don't want you? Lazy people if you ask me." Hiro said.

"Yeah... I guess." I agreed.

"HIRO!!! Come on! We will come back tomorrow to adopt a child!" His aunt called. I smiled and waved.

"Looks like your needed." I smiled.

"Yeah... How often do you smile?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked.

"It looked like you just smiled for the first time in ages." He pointed out.

"Yeah... Well there isn't really much to smile about here." I said.

"Anyways... I got to go, see you tomorrow?" Hiro asked me hopefully.

"Sure! Not like I'm going anywhere." I smiled.

"Bye! It was lovely to meet you!" Hiro said, running off to his aunt, his fluffy hair flying crazily.

He enjoyed talking to me and didn't mind my issues, two in one bonus! I smiled to myself and continued reading. That's when my book was snatched away from me.

"What the- hey!" I called as the other girls in the orphanage glared.

"Why you?" Tiffany said.

"Why me what?" I asked.

"Why did that adorable boy that would be great as my brother choose you to hang with? Doesn't he know there are better girls?" Aldea asked.

"I don't know." I responded.

"We were busy showing Mrs Hamada around while you did nothing." Lisa spat.

"You mean showing off how you guys could be a better sister than me?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter, when Mrs Hamada finds out about your conditions, she won't want you." Megan smirked.

"What makes you think I want to be adopted?" I asked.

"Oh trust me, we know, now listen up, stay away or else." Sky shrieked. I didn't want to be adopted by Hiro's family anyways...

Right?