Mother's Day

Forgive me, I know it's Mother's Day and this story is really sad... To make up for it, i will be doing a lot more nice ones after. If I am not as active during this week though I apologies as I have tests occurring and I need to study and all. Of course I will be trying my best. Enjoy this story!

(Y/n) P.O.V

I walked through the school gates. Today was Mother's Day and I was going to give mum my present this afternoon.

School whizzed by. I was one of the youngest students at S.F.I.T, the second youngest was Hiro Hamada. I walked with my present in my bag, I saw a bunch of kids near me.

"What did you get your mum for Mother's Day?" Dandy, the one closest to me asked. I shuffled my feet. This was my sensitive subject.

"Can we see?" She asked. I hesitantly pulled out a small flower from my bag and note. The girls laughed. "That's pretty poor for a woman who cares for you a lot!" They laughed.

I felt my smile fade and packed my present. My mother died 11 years ago when I was 2. I was going to her grave this afternoon.

I walked to her grave and placed the note and flower down. "Hey mum, happy Mother's Day. Even though you aren't here, I know you would have been an amasing mum. Miss you." I shed a tear.

I noticed a boy next to me. He was looking at the grave in front of him. It was Hiro. "Miss you mum, but I still have Aunt Cass and Tadashi." He cried.

I never knew that he lost his mum. And here he was, mourning her. Her body buried next to my mum's. I felt a little sad to.

I few tears spilt again and then I spoke softly. "Hey Hiro." I still looked at the ground.

"(Y/n)!? What are you doing here?!" He asked, obviously he didn't notice me before.

"The same reason as you did." I said kneeling in front of my mum's grave. Hiro gasped.

"I am so sorry! I didn't know that... Your mum passed away." He said.

"It's cool. Sorry for your lose to." I said. We both sat in silence.

"How come I never see you around here?" Hiro asked me. I turned to face him.

"I only come when necessary, sometimes if I think about it to much I-" my voice cracked and tears spilt out.

"Yeah, this happens." I apologiesed. Hiro wrapped an arm around me.

"But she would be proud of you! You graduated highschool at a young age and you got into one of the best institutes in the world!" He exclaimed.

Hiro's P.O.V

I patted her back as she sobbed. "I know, it's just that, sometimes I wonder what life would be like if she was still around, you know?"

"Yeah, sometimes I wonder what it would be like but then I realise that it doesn't really do much. You just gotta make do with life." I explained. She nodded her head.

"I miss her." She sniffed. We stayed quiet for a bit until she lifted her head. "Thanks for comforting me Hiro." She thanked.

"No problem. I understand the pain." I said as I put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"It's funny isn't it? How both our mothers are buried right next to each other, as if they knew that we would need each other to console." She pointed out.

I saw what she meant. Both our mums were next to each other under the ground and it was pure coincidence that we just happened to be at the same place in the same time.

After a while I finally got the nerve to ask her something. I cleared my throat. "Uh (y/n)?" I asked.

"Yes Hiro?" She asked me.

"We have been friends since you came to S.F.I.T right?" I asked. Yeah... Friends...

"Of course Hiro! Why?" She asked confused. I gulped. Here goes nothing.

"Because... I really like you. You're really nice and smart and kind and you are so selfless. And don't forget pretty." I said. I saw (y/n) turn a shade of pink.

"Thanks Hiro... I just don't know what to say, I am flattered, I guess I can only say I like you to." She responded. My eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked. She nodded. "Then will you be mine?" I asked as I grabbed her hands with mine. She looked at our hands then at my face.

"Of course Hiro!" She smiled and kissed me.

"You know, our mums would be really proud of us right now." I said.

"Yeah, and I bet they would be fan girling that we are together" she laughed.