Surprise Singer

(Y/n) P.O.V

"I really think you should sing at the talent quest!" Honey Lemon exclaimed. I rolled my eyes.

Tonight was going to be the S.F.I.T. Dance and there was going to be a talent quest as well.

"I'm good." I said, smirking to myself. I actually was going to but I wanted it to be a surprise, especially for my crush, Hiro.

"Oh... That's a shame.." Wasabi agreed. I shrugged and headed home to get ready.

"See you later!" I called, unlocking the door. Once I was in my room, I got the especially made clothes on.

It was a simple dress with a hidden piece of velcro that I could rip off to reveal my performance clothes, which was a nice skirt and top with gogo boots, not that anyone would see them under my dress... Or not much of it anyway.

I placed an electric blue headband in my hair which would unfold into my head mic. It was the same colour as my skirt, dress, top and gogo boots.

I left the makeup, natural beauty is my style. I checked the clock and noticed it was already 6:30, the gang should be about ready to get me. I heard a beep of a car and came out right away.

Wasabi greeted me at the van and opened a door for me to get in. I sat in between Honey Lemon and GoGo.

"Hey uh (y/n), your headband is beeping." Honey Lemon noted. Must have forgot to turn it down. I pretended to scratch my ear and turned the knob on the side.

"I don't hear anything... You sure?" I asked.

"Oh... Maybe I was imagining it." She said after listening out for the sound. I grinned and sat quietly for the rest of the ride.

We got out of the van and sat at a table. Other students where partying and soon came the talent quest. "Thank you! Thank you all! Thanks so much!" Rachel, the popular girl of the school exclaimed, bowing after her singing. She wasn't a bad person, she was actually really cool.

I jumped from my seat and picked up my dress to run backstage as I was next. "Why are you wearing gogo boots?" Honey Lemon indicated.

"Uh... I'll tell you guys later, I gotta go to the restroom." I lied, running off backstage.

"You ready (y/n)?" My friend, Naomi asked. I grinned.

"You bet." I said. We got ready as the curtains started to rise. I pushed a button on my headband and it twisted into a head mic. I ripped off the extra part of my dress and soon I was standing in my performance clothes.

"Nice one!" Erin whispered, she was also helping me perform. Once the curtains fully rose, the gang stared at me in my electric blue clothes and shoes as the music, being played by Naomi and Erin start.

"Wait, wait! I feel my heart change,
Whenever you come around." I moved around the stage and to Naomi, who was playing her guitar.

"The earth shakes,
it's more than I can take,
I think my feet just left the ground,

I know it feels like flyin',
I can't stop smilin',
Your the one I'v been dreamin' of,
It's like happily ever after and nothing else matters,

I guess that's falling in love..."

I jumped off the stage which wasn't to high and walked towards the gang who were all still confused, a spotlight following me.

"That's, fallin', that's fallin', I guess that's fallin', in love." I dragged a blushing Hiro up and we started to spin in circles on the dance floor.

"That's fallin', that's fallin', I guess that's fallin' in love..." We stop spinning as I stopped singing.

We stared at each other and smiled as the rest of the assembly erupted in applauses.

We walked back to the table as Fred kept blinking. "You okay Fred?" I asked.

"Yeah... Didn't know you were gonna sing... It shocked me." He said.

"I have to agree with comic nerd here for once, it was a surprise." GoGo agreed.

"But it was really good." Wasabi added.

"And the ending was amazing when you dragged Hiro up! You should have seen his face! You guys are so cute!" Honey Lemon squealed, squeezing Hiro and I in a hug.

"Yeah, about that, why did you?" Fred asked.

"Why can't I?" I asked.

"Not saying you couldn't, just wanted to know why." Fred responded.

"Well... There was no real reason." I lied. Hiro can figure it out himself, he is a genius, he will get it.

"Exactly!" Hiro agreed. Everyone exchanged glances as Hiro grabbed my hand under the table secretly. I blushed a little red.

"There was no reason what so ever." I grinned.