DNA (Pt 1)

(Y/n) P.O.V

"(Y/n) Hamada! Come down here! Your father and I need to talk to you" my mother called. I sighed and trudged down the stairs.

They weren't my real parents. I was their foster kid and I won't lie, they were amazing. 11 years ago when I was three, I was separated from my real family in a tragic house fire. Ever since then, I had been trying to get in contact with them. All I can remember is that I had two older brothers.

"Yeah mum?" I asked, coming to a stop in front of the dinning room table.

"Come sit, your father and I need to speak with you." My mum explained. I sat down on one of the chairs and nodded for them to continue.

"Your mother and I have just received a phone call from San Fransokyo, a girl by the name of Honey Lemon has taken an interest in your family tree and would like to help find your real parents. She is a chemical expert and thinks she can help." My father said.

"And so, we will be visiting San Fransokyo tomorrow." My mother explained. At that, my eyes lit up.

"Really?! Oh my gosh!!! Yay!" I screamed, running back to my room to pack. I have always dreamed of meeting my mum, dad and older brothers. Now my dream would be true!

And when I meet them I would be able to live with them... And say good bye to my foster parents. They would understand, plus I can always visit them!

I packed my bag and changes into my pjs, tomorrow would be an eventful day.

When I woke up, I changed into casual clothes and hopped into the car. My mum went into the front passenger seat and my father was in the driver seat.

The engine started as well as the 2 hour journey to San Fransokyo. "Have a nap sweetie, it's a long ride there." And with that, I fell asleep.

I was shaken awake by my foster mother, letting me out of the car. A girl who was about 18 greeted me.

"Hi! I'm Honey Lemon and welcome to San Fransokyo! Your foster parents have allowed me to help find your biological family." Honey Lemon grinned.

"Thank you so much." I said, waving to my foster parents. Honey Lemon led me to a glass building. according to a sign, it was the San Fransokyo Institute of Technology.

"Not a problem, so (y/n)... We are going to run a few tests today but before we do, do you know your surname?" Honey Lemon asked.

"Hamada." I replied. Honey Lemon's face showed shock for a few seconds then a smile.

"Well that's a start. So, I will need to take three samples of your DNA to compare with others. I will need your blood, saliva and hair follicle." Honey Lemon explained.

"Will this hurt?" I worried.

"The blood, a little but the rest will be painless." Honey Lemon assured me.

I took a deep breath and sat on a stool that was in her lab. The labs looked cool, so many interesting gadgets.

Honey Lemon took out a needle and carefully injected it into me. I squealed a little as she withdrew my blood and took the needle out.

"Just take a break." Honey Lemon soothed. I nodded and took a few shaky breaths.

Honey Lemon told me to spit into a cup and take out a few hairs. I happily agreed. Honey Lemon took out a few instruments and performed multiple tests.

"Interesting..." Honey Lemon said. "(Y/n), I'd like to know if you remember of any siblings." She asked.

"Two older brothers." I explained.

"And how old are you?" Honey Lemon asked.

"14." I replied.

"Huh... I'd like you to meet my friends, they will be able to help." Honey Lemon explained. I nodded as she signalled for people to come in.

"This is GoGo, Wasabi, Fred and Hiro. Guys, this is (y/n), I'm helping her find her biological family." Honey Lemon explained. We all waved hello as Honey Lemon retrieved some DNA samples from them to.

"Why are you getting theirs?" I asked confused.

"Their blood consists of the different types in San Fransokyo, we start small then we can go bigger." Honey Lemon explained, looking at a hair from the boy, Hiro.

"I think... Hang on.." Honey Lemon exclaimed, looking at more DNA. She took her lab coat off and signalled for everyone to leave.

"(Y/n), I know who your biological family is. They actually live really close by and I am great friends with them... Would you like to meet them?" She asked.

My heart fluttered... I would be able to meet my real family! "Yes please!" I squealed.