The World and You

(Y/n) P.O.V

"This is useless, I'M useless." I dead planned, hitting my head against the table.

I picked up my invention that I hoped would change the world. It won't, no one would want something as crap as this. It's useless.

Like me.

I'm just one person out of the entire world. I can't do anything to improve it. My soul purpose for a long time was to create something that would change the way we live, but nothing I do does that.

Frustration filled my body until I grabbed the hammer near by and threw it with all my might, breaking a window in my lab.

I screamed in frustration and picked the hammer up, pulling the broken window out of its frame and getting a new one.

"Are you okay (y/n)?" Hiro asked. I jumped in surprise to see Hiro standing at my door way as I plugged the new glass in.

"Yes... Why are you here?" I asked.

"To see if your okay... I heard smashing." Hiro said, looking at the newly fit window pane.

"I'm just annoyed, I'm useless Hiro, nothing I do seems right." I sighed.

"I know what you mean." Hiro agreed.

"You?" I repeated. "How can you understand?! You thought of microbots, you are a superhero... Me? All I do is fix things." I said, pointing to the gadgets that had been repaired for other students.

"You can figure this out, I know you will." Hiro said gently, sitting down next to me at my desk.

"No I can't Hiro, I'm useless, in this world we live in I am just one person, a measly one that can't think of anything." I said, breaking a pencil in half.

"Hey, don't take it out on the poor pencil." He joked. "The world is a huge place (y/n), you'll find something to improve." He encouraged.

"And if I don't?" I asked, interested in his response.

"If you don't... Well then that's the great part about being clueless about what to do... You can spend your time exploring what you can do." Hiro said absentmindedly.

"But how would I know what I'm looking for if I don't know what it is... I really want to help the world Hiro." I pointed out.

"... Try looking for a new angle." Hiro said. I looked at him curiously.

"How so?" I asked.

"Look from a different point of view... Then you might get an answer." Hiro stated. I sighed for a while.

"I'm useless Hiro, no one needs my inventions, I can't even understand your little 'look for a new angle' thing... Maybe I should just give up." I sighed, packing my tools away.

"(Y/n)... Your work is amazing... Maybe not to others but it is to me." Hiro said.

"Thanks Hiro but like I say, to the world, I'm just one person." I shrugged.

"That's true... But did you think about the opposite?" Hiro asked.

"Opposite? I don't fully understand." I asked.

"Well, put it this way, to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." Hiro said.

"Yeah... Mention a person like that... It would be incredible to find one." I exclaimed.

"I can name someone... Me." Hiro blushed. I froze and stared at Hiro.

"M-me? As in, useless old (y/n)?" I asked uncertain if I heard right. "You think, I-I am your world?" I spluttered.

"W-well y-yeah. Your always so determined and I-I guess I r-really like you." Hiro said.

I just stared and blinked at him as though he were crazy. All this time I wasn't useless?

"You helped me through my depression with Tadashi... You helped me build a new Baymax... And repair the gangs super suits... And build that robot for Aunt Cass... And run the cafe with me when she was out on errands... You changed my life (y/n), you were there when no one was... Do you really think your useless?" Hiro asked.

"All this time... You liked me... And I actually made an impact on someone's life... I never knew." I gasped.

"Exactly, it's in your nature to help others... It's in your code." Hiro smirked.

"In my code... Ha I wish." I laughed lightly.

"See? Your not useless... Your special." Hiro smiled. I blushed lightly as he brought his face to mine and kissed me.

"I think your intelligent, helpful and kind... There isn't a girl like you." Hiro smiled.

"Thanks Hiro... I don't know what I would have done with ought you." I thanked.

"I could say the same thing." He grinned, receiving a warm hug from me.

"I think I have an idea that will hopefully change the world... Wanna help?" I asked.

"You bet." Hiro grinned.