Sister Like Brothers

This was a request from DelaneyDavenport ... I hope it's what you were requesting!

(Y/n) P.O.V

I was sitting on the bean bag in my brothers' room. They were in the lounge room, watching TV. I got up to Hiro's desk and noticed a robot he had been working on, I smiled.

Now, no one in my family ever knew this but I, was a prodigy. I privately graduated at 12 and whenever I was meant to go to school, I would go to the science lab.

It was my secret and mine only. I walked towards his robot and examined it. Three wires were miss placed and one bolt was undone.

I picked up the wires and put them back, then came the hard part of squeezing the bolt into place. I used a tweezer to move the silver screw just as the door opened. I turned in shock, bumping the other wires in the robot.

Hiro stood there, furious. The wires created an electric shock and exploded. The robot, blew to pieces.

"(Y/N)! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" He shrieked. I sat, never had I been petrified of my older brother.

"Uh... Trying to help you?" I asked, dropping the tweezers which unfortunately knocked some items as I bumped a glass of water which appeared from no where, it poured out into a power socket.

All the lights flickered out and turned off. "TADASHHHHHHIIIII!" I heard hiro scream.

I heard someone bolt up the stairs and enter our room. They opened the electricity box and pressed a few buttons, the lights flickered on and I could see Tadashi, looking at us for an explanation.

"She did it! She ruined my robot! SHE DID IT!" Hiro yelled angrily.

"Look, I'm sorry! It was an accident!" I apologised, getting up from Hiro's chair.

"IT DOESN'T MATTER! SHE RUINED IT!" Hiro screamed.

"Calm down Hiro, she only tried to help-" Tadashi reasoned.

"NO! SHE PURPOSELY DID IT!" Hiro retorted.

"She didn't know what she was doing!" Tadashi reasoned. "Did you?" He asked me.

"Well, actually I did but that's not what I intended-"

"See? SEE?!" Hiro yelled, interrupting me. I looked at Tadashi, with a look of apology.

"I'm going to leave!" I called, picking up my bag and running to the science labs. The brothers continued to bicker about whether I did it on accident or not.

I went to the labs and rebuilt the motor I broke, I would just give it to Hiro to make amends with him. I packed my tools up when I finished and walked home, carrying the precious cargo in my hands.

"SHE DIDNT MEAN TO HIRO!" I heard Tadashi yell.

"YES SHE DID! Why couldn't she have been a smart genius like us? She sticks out like a sore thumb." Hiro said. I held back my tears of sadness.

"Hi guys... I'll just go but I wanted to say sorry..." I said. Sitting down in Hiro's desk.

"LEAVE!" He screamed.

"Hiro! Come here now!" Tadashi barked. He followed him out the room.

I turned to the broken robot in front of me and took out the broken motor, exchanging it with the one I made. The robot whirred and jumped up.

"I am low on battery!" It exclaimed.

"Sshh!" I exclaimed, trying to cover its mouth. Hiro and Tadashi walked in on the noise.

"What was that?!" Tadashi asked. I froze, they would find out my secret.

"Uh... Hiro's robot?" I said.

"But that's not possible, you broke it dumb girl!" Hiro exclaimed. I clenched my fists

"I'm not dumb and I'm sorry for sticking out like a sore thumb! I'm sorry I felt like I would be judged if I told you I graduated 2 years ago and I'm sorry if I don't feel like telling you I know robotics!" I shrieked. Putting down the robot.

Hiro took a step closer to the robot. "You fixed it? But... But... But... Wha?!" He asked.

"You are saying you lied to us for the last two years about where you were going?" Tadashi asked.

"Yeah... I always went to the local science lab to tinker stuff... " I said feebly.

"But why not tell us?" Hiro asked. At this, I tensed up.

"Because! It's not stereo typical for girls to be on the smart side, like I said, they are meant to be all artsy." I reasoned. Tadashi shook his head and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Your differences make you special, me and Hiro wouldn't judge." Tadashi said.

"And... I'm sorry... For all my yelling... You actually sound like a pretty rad sister to lie to us like that." Hiro replied, smiling.

I grinned as we all had a group hug. "Love you sis." Hiro and Tadashi said.

"You to, Nerds."