Different Kind of Girl

(Y/n) P.O.V
I walked out of the S.F.I.T late after school. Most people would have gone by then except for a certain group. They consisted of two girls and three boys with a robot.

I chatted to them once and we all said hi but apart from that, we never really talked.

I saw them sitting on one of the school benches as the girl with pink glasses, Honey Lemon pointed at me. I ignored this action and pressed a button on my headband.

I had been developing a hover board for a few months in secret and I just finished.

A beep could be heard and I was sure the group could hear me. The skate board that was a little box in my hands, unfolded into a skateboard.

The wheels turned in and rockets popped out. I jumped on the board and steadied my balance. It was just like controlling a real skateboard except I didn't need to push off with my foot.

I just had to lean in a certain direction and it would go. I pushed about three buttons on my headband and out of my back pack that was on the ground, unfolded some obstacles with rockets.

They flew up and positioned themselves. I readied myself and started. I did an ollie over one of the side ways poles and I swung myself around another pole.

At one point I jumped over a pole and my board flipped as I landed back on it.
After a while I got bored and pushed another button on my headband.

All the equipment floated back down and packed themselves up as I landed on the ground. I turned to see the gang staring at me off distance. I smiled and waved and they did the same.

They started to head over as a bunch of older girls approached me.

"Hey! Why don't we give you a make over? You know, to get rid of this thing you call style." One of them said, pointing to my clothes.

"Um, no thanks." I replied, waving them off.

"But those clothes don't match! And you aren't even wearing the smallest amount of makeup!" One of them whined.

"And let's not forget that this red streaks in you hair don't match." The one closest to me said, tugging on my hair.

"Hey! That hurt! We are all different! We are girls, yes but... Um." I tried looking for an example. When I noticed the gang behind me.

"Look at Honey Lemon and GoGo! Honey Lemon is one of those girls who like shopping and style but GoGo doesn't. She goes with a biker chick style and is hungry for speed! Me? I am different to! Yeah I am no princess and I find the whole 'make over' thing pretty dumb, but I don't go around forcing people to be someone they are not!" I said.

The girls went quiet for a while. "But girls traditionally-" they started.

"Yeah but I don't care about tradition. You see, I am more of a skateboarder than a pink biker, converse or sneakers than heels and flats, baggy pants than skirts and shirts than dresses! Sure they don't match but that's what makes me unique and different." I replied.

"Uh ... Whatever... Your face wasn't worth our time anyways." They walked off.

Everything was silent until Honey Lemon spoke up. "So... That was a really relatable thing you said back there."

"Thanks." I said as I picked up my bag and board.

"That was actually a really cool board you made (y/n)." Hiro said. I blushed.

Me and Hiro were probably the closest out of the gang. Yeah we only spoke once or twice but we knew each other in high school and over the years I developed a crush on him.

Hiro's P.O.V

She was so different. She didn't care about what people said about her, she liked to be odd. No other girls was like that in my opinion.

I heard wasabi whisper something like, "You can do it!" and leave along with the gang.

"So uh... (Y/n), nice comeback to those girls." I complimented. She smiled.

"Thanks. I just like being different, you know?" She asked.

"Yeah. I can definitely relate." I replied. Suddenly, I got this weird feeling in my chest. Could it'v been the fact that I had a crush on (y/n) since high school? Or was it the fact that she was different?

"Hey (y/n)? Can I ask you something?" I asked nervously.

"Sure!" She exclaimed.

"Ireallylikeyouandwaswonderingifyouwouldbemygirlfriend?" I asked quickly.

"Woah what?" She asked.

"I really like you and as wondering if you would be my girlfriend?" I mumbled.

"Of course! But why do you like me?" She wondered.

"You are different, you like being unique."