Arcades

(Y/n) P.O.V

I groaned in annoyance. I tried to enjoy my holidays when my cousin showed up. She was the same age as my sister who was 9.

My problem is that my mother wanted to take us all bowling. You know how annoying I find that game?!

It's unbelievable!!! I'm 13, not a baby. However I was forced to come for moral support. "You never know, you might find something to entertain yourself there." My mum said as I grabbed my red hoodie and went in the car.

I walked slowly to the bowling centre once out of the car. It wasn't really special. But that's when I saw it, an arcade area!

"Mum! Please can I have some money to play?!" I asked. My mum sighed and handed me twenty dollars.

I ran to the machines and decided to play the Ice Ball game. I pressed the start button and the little plastic balls came shooting out of the chute. I picked them up and began tossing them into the holes.

Once the game ended, I counted the tickets I won. 35. Not bad. I played again and ended up winning 40. I probably spent a lot of my money there and time to as when I was about to throw my last ball, I felt a person tap my shoulder.

I screamed in shock and turned around, hitting the person with the ball. "Ow!" He screamed.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry!" I said.

"It's cool, I just wanted to say your really good at the game." He said.

"Thanks, want the last shot? Seeing as I smashed your face with the ball." I said. He smiled and threw it, straight in the centre.

"I'm Hiro." The boy said.

"(Y/n)." I said, shaking his hand.

"So, is your family around?" He asked.

"Yeah, they are bowling but I hate the game so I came here, you?" I asked.

"My brother and aunt are playing, I like arcade games way better." Hiro said.

"Really?! Let's play air hockey!" I squealed dragging him to the table. I inserted a coin and the little disk shot out.

We began hitting the disk back and forth until Hiro got it in my goal. "Good game." I said as we walked around the arcade. Hiro pointed at a game called "staker".

You basically had to press a button to line up three blocks. They would move across the screen faster and faster. Hiro started the game and pressed the button, placing the first three blocks on the bottom.

The next set of three blocks appeared, moving side to side on he screen until Hiro pressed the button again and stacked them neatly on top of the first row.

He kept going until the last row. "If you do this you can win alot of money!" I squealed. Hiro looked at the blocks and hit the button when the blocks were as far as possible from where they were meant to be.

"Damn, not even close." I said.

"Hang on, just wait." He said. A few seconds and the blocks moved over.

"How did you do that?!" I asked shocked.

"The electric pattern." He said.

"Wow, that's cool!" I exclaimed as Hiro went to the front desk to claim $1000 dollars. He split the cash in half and gave it to me.

"What? But you won it." I said, pushing the notes back into his hand.

"I insist, take it, your a cool person." He said, stuffing it in my hands.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"No problem." He grinned as my family and two others came over to us.

"(Y/n)? Where did you get that money from?" My mother asked.

"Hiro? What did I tell you about purposely winning those games?" A young male asked.

"Hiro won that game and gave me half." I explained.

"I gave half to (y/n)!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Who's Hiro?"
"Who's (y/n)?" My family and I assume his family asked at the same time. Our family's took note of each other and looked in shock.

"We met today and started playing the machines while you played bowling." I explained. They nodded and started talking to each other.

"Come on over here!" Hiro called, bringing me to a claw game. I inserted a coin and moved the claw to grab the chocolate, that's when I saw it, the packets of gummy bears.

I changed my aim and managed to get three packets. As I heard them drop into the chute. I smirked and handed one to Hiro.

"YAS MY FAVOURITE!" He screamed. I just laughed.

"They are my favourite to." I said, eating my packet. After, we shared the last one.

"You know, I've never met someone as cool as you before." I admitted.

"Me neither."