Very Different

(Y/n) P.O.V

Today was my first day at SFIT. After moving from the Philippines to San Fransokyo, I got really excited for school.

It would be so different compared to the Philippines. Luckily, my mum was friends with Cass since high school and she had a nephew.

I was staying the night at their home which was in the lucky cat cafe. It was currently 5:30 am and I was getting ready for school.

Once I was done, it was 6:30 which meant Hiro only had half an hour to get ready. I shook him awake violently until he screamed in shock.

"What's going on (y/n)?" He spluttered.

"We have to get ready for school?" I reminded him. His eyes widened as he dashed to the bathroom, twenty minutes later did he come out all ready.

He ran past his night stand to get his shoes when he froze and looked at the clock.

"Uh (y/n) it's only 6:20am." He pointed out. I looked in confusion.

"I know that... That's why I woke you up." I pointed out.

"Um... School doesn't start until 8:50am." He explained. My eyes widened in shock.

"8:50am?!" I repeated shocked.

"Uh yeah..." He said.

"That's so late! We start at 7:30 and finish at 6:30!" I exclaimed.

"You spend at least 11 hours at school." He dead planned.

"You guys are so lucky." I exclaimed.

"And we finish at 3:30" Hiro said, going in his computer.

"Well... I guess that's something different." I said sitting on Hiro's bed.

When 8:30 came around, we finally left his house. "Did you bring lunch or something?" He asked.

"Yeah... I don't really like the stuff you guys have so my mum got me some food I like." I said as we walked to school. Once we reached the front gates, Hiro led me to a group of people.

"(Y/n), this is Honey Lemon, GoGo, Wasabi and Fred." He introduced. "Guys, this is (y/n)." Hiro explained.

I shyly waved to the group of people as Hiro took me to a lab. "You can share with me until you get a proper one." He said.

"Don't you go to classes or anything?" I asked.

"No... We just invent and tinker." He explained, showing me a robot he had created. It was a spy bot that would be used by police to get into small areas that they wouldn't be able to go into.

After a couple of hours I began to get hungry and stared at the clock. It was 11pm. "Hiro, when does the lunch bell ring?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No lunch bells, just eat whenever." He said. I shrugged and pulled out my container my mum brought me, it was full of Balut.

I cracked the shell of the egg open and drank the juice, eating the inside after.

"Hiro, do you have a trash can?" I asked.

"Yeah here," he said. I put the egg shells in there and walked back to my other eggs.

"Don't you peel the shell off at home?" Hiro asked.

"I can't, it will go everywhere." I said confused.

"But it's a boiled egg." Hiro pointed out. I stared at the Balut in my hand. This wasn't a- oh.

"Wanna have one?" I offered smirking.

"Sure?" He said taking the egg.

"Wait, don't crack it... Just take the top off." I said. He sat next to me and did so.

"The heck? This isn't a boiled egg..." He said.

"If you change your mind, dump it in my lunch box and I'll eat it." I offered.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Balut." I said, opening mine.

"How do you eat this?" He asked.

"I'll show you." I said, drinking the liquid. Hiro did the same and looked at the contents. I tipped the inside onto my hand and Hiro did the same, inspecting the contents.

"Okay so this is the egg yolk... And what's this pink thing?" He pointed at.

"It's a fertilised baby ducky." I smiled.

"A WHAT?" He asked.

"See? There is its head and feet." I pointed out. I shoved mine in my mouth and swallowed.

"A BABY DUCK?!" He screamed. I sighed and took it from his hands. "That is disgusting! It was staring at me-" I shoved the food in his mouth and watched his eyes widen.

After he swallowed it he shuddered. "It's so small and slimy... And I'm sure it was something else... You actually eat that?!" He asked.

"But it was good." I pointed out. Hiro went silent after a while.

"I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought..." He agreed. "But that thing was staring into my soul."

"No it wasn't, it's dead." I laughed.