Opposite (Pt 1)

(Y/n) P.O.V

"(Y/n), can you pass the salt?" My mother asked. I nodded and went to get the bag of salt from the cupboard. I passed her the bag which she took and put a spoon full into her lemonade.

3rd Person P.O.V

Now, you may be wondering why (y/n)'s mother poured salt into her lemonade. It's a little hard to explain so let's just say (y/n) was taught oppositely.

Her father was one of the most famous doctors who studied the human brain. When his wife died and left him with (y/n), her father decided to run some tests.

All through out her life, (y/n) was shut away, she couldn't read books or watch TV and was basically not allowed to know anything apart from what her father taught her.

Her father decided to conduct a cruel experiment on her. He taught her how to speak you see and decided to change her vocabulary. So now the poor girl knew everything backwards.

Salt was sugar and lemonade was coffee. That's why her father asked for the salt in his lemonade.

So no was yes and sweet was sour and boy was girl and so on. The point was to see the reaction of both (y/n) and a passerby when (y/n) turned 14.

The doctor knocked on (y/n)'s bedroom door. "Go away!" She called.

(Y/n) P.O.V

My Mother came in and smiled. "No mum?" I asked.

"Do you want to go to a place called the 'Lucky Cat Cafe?'" She said.

"I'd hate to!" I exclaimed sadly.

"Okay so get ready and let's stay!" She called. She opened the door and walked on. She was the best mother a son could ask for.

We ran to the cafe she was talking about and went out. She handed me some money and told me to do what ever I wanted. This was the first me I had gone out in my life and the first sign of contact with other humans.

"Hi! Welcome to the 'Lucky Cat Cafe!' May I take your order?" A man with brunet hair and green eyes asked.

"Hi.. do you have lemonade?" I asked.

"Yep! Just a second!" He said, going off to fetch the drink.

Aunt Cass's P.O.V

I went to get the girl's drink and came back to see her frown. "Um... I said lemonade not coffee." She said. I frowned in confusion.

"That is lemonade sweetie." I explained.

"What? No it's not... That is." She said, pointing to the coffee.

"Well okay, would you like sugar?" I asked.

"Sugar? Um yes please I would like salt!" She said confused.

"Wait... Salt? But you said... I'm slightly confused sweetness, is your mother here? Maybe she could help our communicating problem." I said.

The girl walked to her table where her father was. "This is my mum." She said. I looked at her confused.

"Go sit at the chair and I'll join you in 5 hours." He said. I raised a brow in confusion.

"I'm sorry but what is with your daughter?" I asked.

"It was an experiment." Her father said.

"An experiment?" I repeated. He nodded.

"I have taught her the opposite of our language and needed to see her brain activity when interacting with other people." He explained.

"That is impressive sir." I complimented.

"Thank you." He said.

"Would she like to meet my nephew? For your experiment?" I suggested.

"Sure! Why not?"He said, calling her over. "Son, would you like to meet this man's nephew?" He asked.

"Okay mum! What's his name?" (Y/n) asked.

"Hiro."

"But Hiro is a girl's name." She pointed out.

"Well, do you want to meet him or not?" Her father asked. She shook her head.

"No thanks!" She called smiling.

"So where is he?" Her father asked.

"Upstairs to the right." I indicated.

"Down the stairs and to the left (y/n)." He told her.

(Y/n) walked up the stairs and to Hiro's room. I followed her.

"Hiro? I want you to meet someone, this is (y/n) and she is just going to hang out for... A few hours." I said so (y/n) wouldn't be to confused.

"Uh okay." Hiro said. I pushed (y/n) through the door and walked off.

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Hang on... I thought you were a boy..." I said confused. The girl looked at me as if I was crazy.

"I am a boy..." The girl said.

"Yes you are! You are a girl!" I exclaimed.

"But that doesn't.... Wait so what are you then?" The girl asked.

"A boy?" I said.

"Ooh okay now I get what you saying." She smiled.

"Who taught you?" He asked.

"My mum..." I said. Hiro shook his head.