Birthday

(Y/n) P.O.V

"Happy birthday to... Me... Happy birthday to... Me. Happy- I can't do this." I sighed.

Today was my birthday but my best friend Hiro completely forgot.

My parents were on business trip and couldn't even text me. Hiro was supposed to come over and celebrate with me, instead he texted me at 3:00am complaining that he couldn't think of anything build.

I just wanted to spend time with my best friend. I sighed and looked out the window, that's when I received a text from Hiro, telling me to meet him.

I frowned slightly, he didn't even say happy birthday. Maybe he was setting up a surprise party?! I rushed quickly to the Lucky Cat Cafe.

I knocked on his bedroom door as the cafe was open and I just went up the stairs, he opened it and smiled.

"Hey! Come in! I need to ask about advice." Hiro said. I smiled and walked in.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Well, I really want to confess to my crush..." Hiro explained. My heart sunk like a ship. He DID forget my birthday... And just wanted my advice about love... Which made matters worse because I LIKE him.

"Who's the lucky girl?" I asked.

"(E/n)" he said. Oh great, not only did he forget my birthday and crushed my soul, he likes my ENEMY?!

"Well... Tell her how you feel and... Give her... A gift." I choked out.

"Are you okay?" Hiro asked. I nodded my head.

"Just, buy her something nice with the money you saved up." I said.

"I was thinking of a pretty diamond heart necklace I saw." He said. That's when my heart died.

"Coolineedtogo." I said quickly, getting up and running home. That's where I fell to the floor and sobbed

Hiro's P.O.V

She ran off, probably busy. I shrugged it off and walked casually to the door, passing by the jewellery store and walking in.

Hundreds of shining gems glittered around the store, I looked around until I saw the heart shaped diamond I wanted to get for (e/n).

I purchased the necklace and held it in my pocket. I walked around the park to see if (e/n) was there. That was where she normally hung out. I found her eventually and slowly walked up to her as she turned to face me.

"Hiro! What a pleasant surprise!" She squealed. I smiled and waved, pulling out the necklace.

"I got this for you." I said shyly.

"Wow! Thank you so much!" She smiled.

"I, I really like you..." I said slowly. She covered her mouth in surprise and hugged me tightly, my cheeks going red.

"Me to." She giggled. We walked around the park hand in hand talking about things. We eventually got round to her school life.

"School is okay, I mean there is this weird girl that never fits in, her name is (y/n)." Wait, she knew (y/n)? Why didn't (y/n) tell me?

"She's always quiet... Apart from science, she's a nerd. This tragic day happened where I was walking down the hall and she shoved me into lockers, I defended myself and punched her and she ran off... I was blamed for everything." (E/n) explained.

I was left speechless, (y/n) didn't seem like that at all! I was starting to wonder if (e/n) was a good person.

"And then comes her birthday, her parents I think we're drug addicts, always away when something special happened for her. Like today! I bet they are away again and it's her birthday!" She exclaimed. It's was
(y/n)'s birthday?

No wonder she seemed so upset! I was her best friend and I completely forgot her.

"Her parents aren't drug dealers, they go away on business trips because they don't have much money." I explained.

"That's a good story but I know they are drug dealers, everyone else agrees." She TOLD everyone?!

"Um about liking you, I take that back, (y/n) is my best friend and I don't want to hang around people who spread rumours." I said, snatching the necklace from her pocket and running off.

(Y/n) . P.O.V

I sighed as I heard the door knock. I wiped my eyes and opened the door to see Hiro hug me.

"I'm so sorry I forgot!" He said.

"I-it's okay, how was (e/n)?" I asked.

"You should have told me what she's like... I would have been there to protect you." Hiro said.

"It's okay." I said.

"Here, a little late but still." He said, pushing a box in my hands. I opened it to see a diamond heart necklace.

"Weren't you going to give it to her though?" I asked.

"Yeah but I found someone better." He said, hugging me.