Hair Cut

(Y/n) P.O.V

"(Y/n), are you ever going to cut your hair?" Hiro asked me. I looked at him with a "seriously just asked me that?" Look.

"Never mind, I take it back." He said. I continued working in my lab. My hair wasn't too long. It wasn't like Rapinzel's or anything. It was sorta, anime style. When tied in two pigtails it would travel to my feet, and this is HIGH pigtails we are talking about.

"Why do you always ask that Hiro? You know the only way people notice me is if I am different." I pointed out. I was going to cut it but when everyone saw it, I was finally noticed!

"I, think you look nicer with normal length hair." He said.

"Nah, if everyone loves my long hair, I love it then." I said.

"But, what if one person doesn't?" Hiro asked. I stopped what I was doing to look at him.

"Then screw that person." I said. Hiro sighed and nodded.

"It's just hair. Nothing to be feisty about." I said.

"Yeah but if you saw things the way i did you would realise the truth." Hiro muttered. I ignored his comment and continued working. I heard a slam from the door and knew he had left.

Hiro's P.O.V
I had no idea why I was getting worked up about her hair. I mean, it's a part of the human body that isn't even alive.

Everyone loves her for her hair, ever since she started to wear it in a fashion that would show of its length, she started becoming... How do you put it, full of herself.

She spent more time hair spraying it and hanging with the cooler people than the gang and I, which hurt because my best friend and only other 14 year old dumped us.

Couldn't she see that there were people who noticed her before she started to show off her hair? I certainly noticed. Why? Because I was in love with her.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V
After lunch and a few more hours at my lab, I ran home to find the place deserted. It wasn't uncommon, mum usually had a bundle of work to do and dad was probably out for the groceries.

I sighed and went to my room, getting prepared for my hair growth concoction I was going to make. I turned the Bunsen burner on and grabbed a knife to cut some herbs.

I spun my head around at the wrong time however. Sparks emitted from the burner and caught onto my hair.

If you don't know anything, fire burns hair extremely quickly so I did the only thing I could do.

I cut it.

The fire shrivelled up the part I cut and an awful smell emitted from the ashes. I looked at myself in my mirror, shocked to see that my hair was a little shorter than GoGo's. It started to stick up due to the bad cut I did as well.

Great, now I had boy hair.

What was I going to do? I needed to cut the other half off or it would look funny. I sighed and sliced the blade through the strands. I packed up my chemistry set and the hair and decided to go to bed.

My parents would have seen my hair at dinner.

The next morning I placed a beanie on my head and walked out to SFIT. That's when my fan group surrounded me.

"Take your beanie off!" A girl called. I shook my head but felt it be yanked off anyways. Everyone gasped.

"Your no special, why are you even popular!" They called, leaving me alone in the dust.

I shook my head to let a few tears fall. Now I was worthless. I ran to my lab, passing Hiro briefly and locked myself in.

"(Y/n)!? Are you okay? Please, open the door, I can help." I heard his voice.

"No, go away." I called.

"Why? What's wrong?" Hiro asked. He was bound to find out anyway.

"I had a little accident and I cut my hair." I said, to the door.

"Can I see? It might not be as bad as you think." Hiro called. I opened the door and Hiro walked in, looking at my head.

"(Y/n), let me tell you something. Your hair looks perfect, if you thought no one noticed you before you let your hair out, I did, the gang did, and we missed you when you were popular." Hiro explained.

"You actually didn't like my for my hair... Then why didn't you say so?" I asked.

"We didn't want you to feel bad." Hiro said. I wrapped my arms around him in a tight hug.

"I think you look pretty still." Hiro said.