Ups and Downs

Hiro's P.O.V

I walked into (y/n)'s living room. We had planned to spend the day at the park and I was quite excited.

Just as I was about to enter her room, I heard her scream and throw something in anger. I entered the room to see (y/n) in a clutter of broken books and tools.

"Um are you okay?" I asked.

"NO!! I CANT WEAR MY FAVOURITE SHOES!" She yelled, grabbing her near by bed light and throwing it on the floor.

"Why? You have other pretty ones." I insisted.

"Really?! Okay!" She jumped up, grabbing the ones I pointed to and putting them on.

"I'm really excited lets go!" She cheered. Hormonal mood swing much?

We walked out of the house and crossed a road, it was very loud due to the cars honking. "IT'S SO LOUD! AGH!" (Y/n) exclaimed, picking up a nearby rock and chucking it as hard as possible, making it land in a puddle.

"Stupid cars and puddles." She fumed. "I can't believe- oh my gosh Hiro look it's ice cream!" She squealed.

I turned to see the ice cream shop and looked in confusion. (Y/n) seemed very, moody today.

It was like that the rest of the way to the park, she would constantly swap from angry to happy to sad to joyful.

Was this normal for most teens? I mean mood swings was one thing but so rapid it seems like they are insane? I'm not to sure.

We continued to walk to the park and we sat on the swings. We began swinging back and forth until (y/n) screamed and literally jumped on me.

"What's wrong?" I asked worried. She began to laugh loudly and hugged me before getting off my lap.

"There was a spider!" She grinned, pointing to the creature on her swing set.

"oh, want me to kill it?" I offered.

"Nah, I can do it." She said, using a stick to brush it into the floor. She stepped on it in anger. "This is for scaring me." She said, stepping on it again.

"This is for making me jump on hiro." Step.

"This is for making me look silly." Step.

"This is for dirtying my shoe." Step.

"This is for living." Stomp. She kept giving reasons and squishing the already dead insect.

She got really mad and began grazing her shoe across the dirt.

"Okay (y/n)... I'm pretty sure that it's dead now." I said, taking her hand as she was a about to scream an insult so loud the whole park would hear her... Not that they couldn't already.

I led her to the slide where she began going crazy on. Sliding down the slide then climbing back up it, ignoring the stairs.

"It's fun Hiro!" She smiled. I frowned in confusion, some mad mood swings.

"Is something wrong?" She asked worried.

"What? No I'm good." I waved it off. she came up to me and crossed her arms.

"There is something wrong! I did something didn't I? Oh now you hate me!" She said, starting to cry. When I mean cry, I mean bucket down with water cry.

"Hey, no I'm not see? I'm perfectly fine." I said hugging her. She stopped crying and stared at me.

"Really?" She asked.

"Really." I said.

"GREAT! Come on Hiro let's climb the tree!" She squealed, starting to climb.

We sat in a high branch as I thought off (y/n), who was currently squished up against me, hugging my arm.

I suddenly remembered something about a disorder that described what (y/n) was doing.

It was called the Bipolar Disorder. It was a disorder lots of teens had. Basically you had extremely rapid mood swings that were out of your control, some people get affected negatively and think about suicide and such.

"(Y/n)... What do you think about?" I asked her.

"Lots of things... Happy and sad at the same time... It's confusing really but funny and angering at the same time." She said, frowning in confusion at her own words. Yep, definitely Bipolar Disorder.

"Do you know what a Bipolar Disorder is?" I asked interested.

"Nope." She said popping the 'p'. I smiled and wrapped an arm around her.

She thinks she knows more about herself than me, which is cute and all but really, I knew more about her than she thought.

Now I knew something that she didn't.

"Should we get going home now?" She asked. I nodded and we began climbing down the tree, starting the long journey home.

After all, finding out and learning she had Bipolar Disorder made me happy just that little bit more because it made her even more unique than she already was.

I knew something she finally didn't.