Behind the Glasses

(Y/n) P.O.V

I walked through the front gates of my new school, S.F.I.T. I am not the typical person for meeting new people but I thought I might as well try since I will be spending the rest of my educational years here.

I walked through the hallway and immediately people stared. Not because I was new. No. People always stare at me. It's because of my glasses.

They are big, thick and black. I look like a nerd with my lenses and they were so obvious that anyone could see them a mile away.

I walked into a lab where 6 people were talking. They turned their heads and stared at me. "Um... Sorry... I am new here and I just wanted to introduce myself." I said.

A girl with bubblegum came up to me and smiled. "Hey (y/n)." She said.

"Um sorry... Should I know you?" I asked confused.

"Yes... You should know me... It's me, GoGo Tomago?" The girl asked. I shook my head.

"How do you know me?" I asked.

"We are the ones that helped you!- that's why you don't remember." She stopped. She beckoned four of the five over.

"Well, she won't remember unless she takes them off." The a dark toned man said.

"Oh my gosh!!! It's (y/n)!" Shrieked a girl in heels.

"Dudette! Long time no see!" Exclaimed a boy in a beanie.

"Umm how do you all know me?" I asked confused.

"I am sure you will remember if you take off your glasses." Said GoGo, reaching out to get them.

I ducked away. I don't like going with ought my glasses, I feel incapable of myself.

"Uh, if you don't mind, I'd like to keep them on." I said.

Hiro's P.O.V

I walked over to the gang who was surrounding some girl. "Who's this?" I asked.

"This is (y/n)." Honey Lemon explained.

"Um can you please answer my question on how you know me?" Asked (y/n).

I looked confused. "Sure, just let me deactivate Baymax." GoGo said, turning the robot off and dragging me to the closest empty lab. It was bright yellow and had hundreds of bike models and rollerblade models everywhere.

"Nice lab GoGo." I complemented.

"Thanks but that's not what I need to say." She said seriously.

"Okay then explain." I urged her. She sighed.

"It's about (y/n) (l/n). We need your help." She started. I looked at her confused.

"5 years ago, the gang, Tadashi and I were asked to build a device that would help (y/n) with depression. Ever since she was young she was diagnosed with depression and it never got resolved.

It got so bad that we needed to make a machine that would alter her brain. The problem is, she was meant to take the machine off but she got too attached. Eventually it started making her brain malfunction. I think you can figure out what the machine is." GoGo explained.

I thought for a while. She wasn't wearing any accessories that could be the machine. Except her glasses... Her glasses... That would be the perfect machine to alter her brain! It was on her head after all.

"It's her glasses." I realised. GoGo nodded her head.

"We need you to remove them before they do anymore damage." GoGo said as I started to devise a plan.

"Okay, but I'll need to do this in my lab." I said as we joined the others. (Y/n) turned to face me.

"Um... I never really caught your name." She giggled.

"Oh. Hiro. I major in robotics... Wanna see some of the bots I've made?" I asked.

"Sure." She said and followed me to lab.

GoGo's P.O.V

Um, what's Hiro doing? I thought we needed her to try and remove the glasses." Honey Lemon worried.

"Let Hiro do his thing." I smirked.

(Y/n) P.O.V

I followed Hiro into his lab. I sat at his table as his hand brushed against mine. I looked at him and stared.

We stayed like that for a long time until he caresses my cheek. "You're really pretty you know that?" He breathed.

He leaned in and kissed me. After he did he reached out. Before I could stop him, he took my glasses off and snapped them in half. My vision blurred out and I received a massive headache. Everything went black.

"What happened?" I asked once I woke up.

"Do you remember who we are?" Honey Lemon asked. I nodded.

Hiro's P.O.V

"You are Wasabi, Fred, Honey Lemon, GoGo and... You." She said pointing at me.

"You took it off me... Thank you so much Hiro!" She squealed and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her and patted her head.

"It's okay." I replied.

"Thank you Hiro."