Sing What Everyone Wants

(Y/n) P.O.V

Hiro invited us all to his house for a sleepover. I was really excited because this would be the first one with the whole gang!

I walked up his bedroom stairs to see the rest of the gang, waiting. "Hi guys!" I cheered. Everyone smiled as we gathered in the lounge.

"So what should be do first?" Hiro asked.

"KARAOKE!" Honey Lemon screamed, looking for Aunt Cass's karaoke set.

We sat on the couch as Honey Lemon handed me the microphone that was plugged into the Hamada's stereo.

"You go first." She smiled. I had never sung in front of my friends before so I was really nervous.

"What should a I sing?" I asked.

"Something to do with superheroes!" Fred called.

"No! Something about independence!" GoGo called out.

"No, it needs to be catchy!" Wasabi called.

"It must be from the heart!" Honey Lemon exclaimed.

"What about a song that's relatable to her life?!" Hiro suggested. They began arguing over what I should sing.

"GUYS!" I yelled, grabbing their attention. "I have a song." I announced. Hiro handed me his phone to find the backing track of the song and plugged it into the stereo.

"What is it about?" Honey Lemon asked.

"Everything you guys said." I said smiling.

"But there is no such song!" Wasabi protested.

"Oh yes there is... I'll show you." I said as I played the music. "I stink at singing just so your warned." I said.

The instrumentals played and I counted the beats.

"Everybody's scared of something
Everybody knows
Life's not like the movies
Rescue credits roll

Ironman is probably busy
Spiderman's got webs to weave
They might not be around today for me

So what to do
When they all fall through"

Everyone's faces looked surprised as I continued to sing. Fred was going crazy and Hiro just sat there like a gold fish.

"I am not wonder woman
Invincible or made of steel
I'm not extraordinary
I got dreams and I am real
Face my fears I lose my sorrow
Stronger than I thought I could
Be that better me tomorrow
Be my own superhero
Superhero

I used to be afraid to speak
To say what I believed
I was my own kryptonite
My own worst enemy
And then somehow I found the power locked inside of me"

Honey Lemon started joining Fred in jumping around the place and GoGo was nodded her head to the beat. Wasabi was also moving to the beat as Hiro still looked at me in pure shock.

"I finally figured out who I could be
I knew what to do
Who to stand up to

I am not wonder woman
Invincible or made of steel
I'm not extraordinary
I got dreams and I am real
Face my fears I lose my sorrow
Stronger than I thought I could
Be that better me tomorrow
Be my own superhero"

Everyone was cheering as Hiro... Yeah he still looked amazed, was I really that good at singing?

"It's changing tyres
It's running miles
It's the inner pride when you surprise yourself
Never being content
Paying the rent
The risky step when there's no one there to catch you
If you fall"

The instrumentals played as I began dancing. Sick of looking at Hiro staring at me, I ran to him and pulled him up, making him dance with me.

He got the idea and started twirling me and moving his feet to the beat with me.

He spun me around as we held hands and ran around in a circle. We made an even bigger circle with the whole gang as me and Hiro stood in the middle.

"I am not wonder woman
Invincible or made of steel
I'm not extraordinary
I got dreams and I am real
Face my fears I lose my sorrow
Stronger than I thought I could
Be that better me tomorrow
Be my own superhero
Superhero..."

Hiro and I were extremely close by then and the gang stopped dancing in a circle to watch us.

"Superhero..." As the music faded out, I dropped the microphone and we kissed, the gang erupted in a cheer as we parted and smiled.

I picked the microphone up and handed it to Honey Lemon who was screaming in joy.

"Your voice is beautiful." Hiro complimented. I laughed lightly.

"Thanks Hiro." I said blushing

"OTP! OTP! OTP!" Fred yelled as Wasabi rolled his eyes at Fred's childish behaviour.

GoGo was ruffling our hair while Honey Lemon was taking OTP photos and Fred was practically waking up the entire neighbourhood.

"That was fun." I stated.

"Which part? Where you were dancing or kissed me?" Hiro grinned. I shoved him playfully.

"When I kissed you silly." I said laughing.

"Oh good because I did to." He grinned.