Understanding

(Y/n) P.O.V

Hiro and I sat glumly on his bed, Tadashi and my parents died in the SFIT Fire. It was awful and now we were both empty.

Aunt Cass took me in as she was my god mother or aunt or whatever.

I couldn't care less because the most happiest parts of my life, not including Hiro of course, was gone. All three of them in less than a minute.

I had no more tears left to cry, my eyes were dried out yet I felt like I needed to sob.

Hiro just sat in his red beanbag looking at his fighting robot, wondering what would have happened if he agreed ages ago to join SFIT.

"I don't understand, it's always the happy things that leave." Hiro said outraged.

"Everything good ends bad." I sighed.

"but now you're family is dead, and Tadashi to... Why?!" Hiro asked himself.

My eyes began to sting and tears slowly fell, somehow I had tears, my eyes felt dry but water still fell.

The gang tried to talk to us through the entire week but we ignored them, it was just to painful to speak to them.

Of course they got over the death quickly, they weren't really close to them like Hiro and I were.

Even Aunt Cass managed to move on somehow. I kept thinking of my parents and imagining what they would say if they saw me now.

They would be mad I wasn't living life to the fullest, was this the reason why everyone had let them go quickly?

Maybe moaning over the death of my parents and best friend wasn't worth it, what if they wanted me to continue going, I'm sure that's exactly what they would have wanted me to do, and I was going to help Hiro.

I wiped my irritated eyes and took a deep breathe. "We should move on Hiro... They wouldn't want us to be mourning them forever." I said gently.

"You are about to give up to?" He asked.

"Hiro, listen to yourself, what is there to give up on, they are gone and never coming back!" I cried.

"You already forgot them." Hiro exclaimed in disgust.

"No I haven't Hiro, I'm just doing what they want me to do!" I said.

"Since when did they ask to be forgotten?" Hiro challenged.

"I didn't say that, they might want us to live life to the fullest!" I reasoned.

"Yeah, might." He mumbled. I paused and stared at him sadly, he was so broken, we both were.

"Hiro... I'm not going to tell you that you should move on... But I will say this." I drew a deep breath as I found my phone and got a backing track for a song. Just as I was about to play it, Hiro began to speak.

"Why do the best people die?" He sighed.

"Well... When your in a garden, what flowers do you pick?" I asked.

"The... Best ones." He realised. He looked down into his lap and I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Everybody is born to care
It's something we were meant to share
Not to keep to ourselves all alone." Hiro looked up at me, I never sung in front of him before and tried something different.

"If we make room for someone new
Doesn't mean that there's less for you
Only means that our circle has grown" I grabbed his hand and tried pulling him up but he refused to and still held onto his sorrow.

In defeat, I sighed and sat on his bed, he looked up at me but I looked at my lap, he wasn't going to move any time soon.

"Love knows, love grows
Bigger than before
In your heart there's always more." I looked up to be met with Hiro's glassy eyes, about to spill tears.

"It's magic the more you give it away
The more love comes back to you everyday." I stood up and knelt in front of him, I grasped both of his hands tightly and looked into his eyes, he looked back.

"I am your (y/n) and your my Hiro,
Always forever wherever we go." I pulled him up finally and saw him smile for the first time.

"So Love knows, love grows
Bigger than before
In your heart there's always more
Always more..." I faded out and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you (y/n)." He smiled.

"It's okay... Tadashi is here." I grinned.

"I was such a jerk before... I'm so sorry." He apologised.

"Hey chill, you were upset and grieving... I understand." I said gently. Hiro hugged me tightly and cried a bit.

"It's better to grieve with others than by yourself." He said.

"I know Hiro... I know." I agreed. We separated and smiled faintly.