Imagination VS Reality

(Y/n) P.O.V
I trudged up my bedroom stairs. I was bored to death. The only solution my mother could come up with was, "Imagine and imaginary friend." Which was stupid because I am 13 and 13 year olds don't have imaginary friends.

Nonetheless, I tried it out. I imagined a super smart boy like me who was 14... His name was Hiro Hamada and he was really cute.

He was just like me and we were so alike. When ever I was bored, I would play with my new 'friend' as we built robots.

"What's that? You think that piece should go there? Okay Hiro!" I exclaimed. This went on for many weeks until I had gotten so attached to the invisible boy that I developed a crush on him.

"Your really funny Hiro." I laughed. We both 'played' on my Xbox and had 'sleepovers' at my house until one day, he 'told' me that he had to leave.

"I'll miss you Hiro!!! Bye bye!" I called when he left the house. Who knew I could get so attached to an imaginary person?

I decided to walk outside and take a stroll through the streets in hope of forgetting Hiro.

I ended up bumping into a boy a little taller than me. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" The boy said.

"No it's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going." I apologised. I looked at the boy and was shocked to notice something strange about him, he looked like my imaginary friend Hiro!

"Um, are you okay?" The boy asked.

"Wh-what? Oh yes! Sorry, it's just that... Is your name Hiro Hamada by any chance?" I asked.

The boy looked at me with his mouth open. "How did you know?!" He asked.

Now it was my turn to have my mouth drop open. "Well, I used to get bored a lot... As I graduated early and my mother suggested on having an imaginary friend... I imagined a boy like you called Hiro Hamada... Crazy right?" I asked.

"That's like so cool though!" Hiro exclaimed.

"I'm (y/n) (l/n) by the way." I introduced myself.

"Nice to meet you... Say, do you wanna meet my friend? He is a robot my older brother built!" Hiro said. My eyes lit up.

"You had me at robot!" I exclaimed. Hiro dragged me to a cafe I used to go to a lot at a kid. "You live at the cafe?" I asks amazed.

"Yep." Hiro nodded. We went up a flight of stairs all the way to his room.

"Pinch me." He said.

"Excuse me but you want me to pinch you?" I repeated. Hiro nodded. I pinched his arm hard and he yelled in pain.

"You did ask me to." I said. A beeping sound was heard and a walking marshmallow waddled to us.

"He looks so fluffy!" I exclaimed. Hiro laughed at my remark.

"(Y/n), this is my friend Baymax, Baymax, this is my new friend (y/n)." Hiro introduced. I waved a hand at Baymax.

"Hey Baymax!" I greeted. Baymax waved a hand to me.

"Hello (y/n), I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion!" He cheered.

"We are satisfied with our care." Hiro said. The squishy robot waddled back to his charging pod and shut down.

"I'd really like to meet your brother, he sounds awesome." I said.

"Yeah, but he well... Passed away." Hiro said bitterly.

"Oh... I'm so sorry... If it helps, my father and twin sisters past away to." I said.

"You had sisters who were twins?" Hiro asked. I nodded.

"At birth, I was the only one left, I was part of a triplet but the others died..." I trailed off. Of course I couldn't remember the whole thing but it hurt to talk about it.

"Oh wow, I'm so sorry." Hiro said.

"Wanna play video games to brighten the mood?" He asked. My eyes lit up and I nodded eagerly. By the time I left his house, it was late.

I walked through the front door and told mum all about my day. "So my imaginary friend was actually a real person in real life!" I exclaimed.

"Uh... That's um... Nice to know." My mum said. I could tell she didn't believe me.

"This is a photo of him." I said, showing her a picture on my phone, I took it before I left his house.

My mother looked shocked. "So it is." She said.

That night I laid in my bed, thinking about all the events that happened today and how shocking it was that I imagined a person before I even met them...

I wouldn't be bored anymore though, because now I had an actual friend... Who was actually awesome and really kind.

And his name is Hiro Hamada.