Red Rose

Hiro's P.O.V

Tonight was the S.F.I.T prom and there was one girl I wanted to ask out. She was the most prettiest and popular girl in the school.

Her name was Kaiya. She was absolutely impossible to impress and no guy had the gut to ask her out. The thing was, the only way she would accept the offer was if you gave her a red rose.

Red roses were hard to find here in San Fransokyo, they were the rarest kind. You would have to travel far to find at least ONE.

I really wanted a red rose to impress Kaiya. I hung my head low in sadness and walked down the road, not really knowing where I was going when I bumped into a girl.

"Oh! Sorry!" She exclaimed.

"Uh... I'm Hiro." I introduced, holding out my hand for her to shake. She took my hand and smiled.

"(Y/n)." She grinned. "Uh... Are you okay? You seem a little... Down." She asked. I sighed.

"I really want to impress a girl with a red rose but there are none here in San Fransokyo." I explained. She nodded her head in understanding before smiling and grabbing my hand.

"Follow me! I can help you with your lady friend!" She exclaimed, pulling me across several roads and down an abandoned footpath.

"Where are we going?" I asked her. She stopped abruptly in front of a brick wall with vines and leaves covering it.

"There is a tree that has the ability to grow red roses, however, it comes on a sacrifice." She explained, hoisting herself on top of the wall and jumping down. I followed her and was surprised to see the biggest rose tree in the world.

"What is it you desire?" an echoey voice shrilled.

"We need a red rose, my friend wants to show his love for a girl." (Y/n) shouted. The tree went quiet for a while before speaking again.

"I don't think this girl you love deserves my roses." The tree decided.

"Please Tree, you must!" Insisted (y/n).

"Very well, I shall give you the red rose but at a sacrifice." The voice echoed in my head. What kind of sacrifice? "Who will be willing to sacrifice their life for the rose?" The tree asked.

"Wait. Their life? Isn't that a little to much for a rose?" I asked astonished.

"The rose is magical Hiro, although no one may know. It has powers to reverse anything. Anything, but only once." (Y/n) explained. "I'll take the sacrifice." She nodded.

"What? But... You don't need to die for a flower!" I exclaimed.

"It's fine Hiro, a life as measly as mine isn't as worthy as love like yours." (Y/n) smiled.

The tree wrapped a branch around her and enclosed her in a cage of branches and sticks.

"That's not right! That's absurd!" I yelled in protest.

"Just go Hiro, she awaits! I wouldn't want you to mourn me, we just met!" (Y/n) exclaimed. Another branch came towards me and a red rose flowered. I plucked it and stared at (y/n).

The tree branch picked me up and put me on the other side of the wall. I sighed in defeat and walked back to Kaiya's house.

When Kaiya opened the door, she frowned. "I have the reddest rose in the world, please will you go to the prom?" I asked.

"The prom? With you? Sorry but no thanks, I've met another guy, his name is Jed and has jewels that could buy me hundreds of roses!" She squealed.

"Uh, okay." I said, walking down the front door steps with the rose. I wasted (y/n)'s life on that girl... Now she would be dead because of it.

Wait, maybe... Just maybe... I could make things better. I stared at the rose and held it tightly in my hand.

I raced back to the magic tree and scrambled up the mossy wall, to see (y/n) on the ground, white and cold.

"It's young Hiro! Why have you returned?" The tree asked.

"You were right, Kaiya wasn't worth my time, I should've listened to you. I'm going to use the magic rose on (y/n), the least I can do." I explained, gently placing the flower up to (y/n)'s nose so she could "breathe" in the flower's scent.

After a while, her eyes flickered open.
"H-Hiro? What happened to your date?" She asked.

"She wasn't worth it. I do need to tell you something though." I said, thinking carefully.

"Huh?" She asked.

I took a deep breath.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, I have three words I need to tell you, I want to say, I love you, will you be mine and say 'I do?'"