Choices

This was a request by Nerdycandy14 I hope this is what you were looking for! The video is the one based off the request and story, enjoy!

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

"Come one Come on come on Hiro!" I squealed, jumping in front of the TV set.

"I'm here! Geez your fast!" Hiro panted. We were both about to watch a performance live on Hiro's television. It was basically professional bot fighting. However it wasn't a betting game so it was perfectly legal.

There were always two teams, an opposing and the all mighty Fujitas. They were a band of girls who could assemble robots in less than a minute with broken parts.

"It's not the robot, it's the player." They quote. The girls name's were Niko, Leko and Taeko.

"They are so awesome!" I cheered, plopping myself into the couch next to Hiro.

"Ready, set, fight!" The ring lady shouted. The two men opposing the Fujitas quickly mashed at their buttons. In no less than a minute, their robot was squished to pieces.

"The Fujitas win!" Everyone cheered. Me and Hiro jumped up and down on the couch in excitement. Yes we may be 14 and to old to be squealing but so what?

"They did it, they did it, they did it!" We chanted over and over again. Niko looked directly at the camera.

"We will be hosting a tournament in the SFIT grand hall, come on down and try to battle against us, the first winner will get to join us." She said.

"Tomorrow afternoon at 12 on the dot" Leko added.

"Be there or be square and remember, it's not the robot, it's the player!" And with that the credits for the show came on.

I grinned and turned to Hiro. "You definitely need to do this!" I cried out.

"What me? As good as them? Psh nah." He waved it off.

"You can do it, I believe in you." I said, dragging him to his garage.

"You think?" He asked uncertainly.

"Of course! We just need to make you an amazing battle robot." I replied.

Immediately we began working. We drew designs for many different types of robots before designing Megabot.

We made a few prototypes before finally making the actual robot, we programmed it and created the controller. Once we finished, Hiro had a few goes at using the little robot.

It looked very deceiving, it had a yellow smiley face and would walk in a cute toddler sort of way. Once Hiro activated it's killer mode though, it's face would switch to red and angry and it would charge forwards towards its target.

"I think you can do this!" I cheered. By then, it was already late and I decided to walk home.

I bid farewell to Hiro and walked home which luckily was quite close by.

I went upstairs to my room and got ready for bed, eventually falling fast asleep.

The next morning, I quickly got ready and ran down to Hiro's house to see him waiting for me.

"It's 10:30 now, we still have a bit of practising time before we go." I noted. Hiro nodded and started to set up Megabot.

Hiro made Megabot chase Mochi for a good half hour before he ended up climbing up a cupboard and refusing to get down, making Aunt Cass upset.

Hiro decided to see what else the robot could do. He made it climb walls, separate into three and change forms. By then, it was time to go.

We ran to the institute and entered the great hall. "Who would like to go next?" Niko asked.

"I would!" Hiro called. Everyone parted away to let him sit at the ring. Everyone was laughing at him.

Hiro started up Megabot and slowly made him walk to the Fujita's robot, immediately it changed into killer mode and started to fight, surprising all three Fujitas.

They snapped out of shock and started to play. The battle went on a lot longer than intended and ended with Hiro making Megabot tear up their robot.

"Unbelievable." They muttered shocked.

"Congratulations kid, you can join us." Niko smiled.

"Hiro! Yay you did it!" I called, pushing trough the crowd, about to hug him.

"Ugh who is that?" Taeko exclaimed. I froze.

"My best friend (Y/n)!" Hiro exclaimed.

"You mean you hang out with that nerd?! Come on Hiro let's get out of here." Leko said.

Hiro turned to face me. He bit his lower lip unsure. "No, I want to stay with my best friend." He said. My mouth dropped open.

"She helped me come here and win, I'd rather stay with her thanks." He said, taking my hand and leaving the scene.

Everyone just stared at where we were, uncertain of what just happened.