Glass Wall (Pt 1)

This is a really sad one, sorry! But you have been warned...

(Y/n) P.O.V

I sat down and sighed. I was home alone as both my parents had died in a car crash and I had no friends.

I was bullied a lot in school as I was the 'nerd' or 'freak'. I was depressed and stopped going to school. That was until I saw Big Hero 6. Even if it were just a movie, it gave me hope.

I instantly fell in love with the main character Hiro, even if he were fictional. He showed me that I could continue on.

I went to school the next day and carried on, ignoring all the side comments that were made. I held my head high and pursued to work.

It went on for a few weeks until word about my family dying somehow got out. Everyone felt sorry for me and apologised about ever bullying me.

Of course, I accepted their apologies but it didn't really make a difference to me. The only thing that did was a movie, a character, Hiro.

He helped me up when I was down, yes he was fictional but I could relate to him so much and the way he acted showed me that I could be stronger to.

So yes, I gained a fictional crush on him... Which made me a little upset knowing he couldn't be real and physically comfort me.

I still continued to go to school though, it wasn't a big of a deal. When the day came for my foster parents to move in though, they banned me from using all electrical gadgets as they thought it was "bad for your health". So now, I had no ways of watching Big Hero 6 or even seeing Hiro.

I sighed. "What should I do instead then?" I asked Kathleen, my foster mum.

"Play the piano and sing, do something constructive." She suggested. I slumped off to the grand piano my proper family owned. I knew how to play a bit.

I sat down on the dusty seat and rested my fingers on the keys, "What should I play?" I asked my foster father.

"Something from the heart." He said.

I thought a while until a certain song popped into my mind. "I'll sing and play "Glass Wall." I decided.

I played the beginning keys and started to sing,

"Can you see me?
The pixels on your screen
My voice that can reach you
The one thing that breaks through

The words that you type
They keep me warm at night
But why can't I feel you
To be there just us two
If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you

Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart

Just for you, my love
The sound of your voice
Reaches through the noise
The bits of your words
They make up my world
But we're two worlds apart
My code and your heart

But you'll be there for me
I'll be here through your screen
If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you
Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart
Just for you, my love

If I could break through
Just for a day
Less than two inches from you
Yet so far away
But this Glass Wall between us
Won't keep us apart
I will sing out my heart
Just for you, my love"

I stopped playing and went to my room. That song could definitely be related to how I felt about Hiro.

My 'mother' walked in and told me to get ready, a friend and her nephew were visiting.

Frustrated, I changed into some decent clothes as the doorbell rang. "(Y/n)! Go get the door!" My 'mother' yelled. I rushed to the door and opened it, in front of me was a young woman with brunet hair and emerald green eyes.

"Hi! I'm Cassandra! You must be (y/n)! I'm sorry for your loss." She said, patting my head.

"It's okay." I smiled. She walked in with a boy about my age. He was looking at his Nintendo 3DS.

"Oh! This is my nephew, Hiro! Hiro, don't be rude!" Cassandra scolded. I was shocked. Did she just say Hiro? As in, Hiro Hamada?

Hiro looked up and smiled. "Hiro Hamada." He said, holding out a hand.

"(Y/n) (l/n)." I said. It was Hiro! But how was this possible?!

"Why don't you show Hiro that song you were singing earlier?" My 'father' suggested.

We went to the piano and I sung. "That was beautiful!" Hiro smiled.