Why do You Do That?

(Y/n) .P.O.V

Hiro and I had met about a month ago. It was actually pretty hectic that day.

I was walking home, with ought my thick black nerd glasses that were bigger than my face.

I preferred it that way so nobody could tease me for being the nerd. I changed my look and never went by it again.

Being the genius that graduated at 13, I never thought of buying contact lenses to replace my glasses.

I ended up bumping into Hiro and getting along well with him.

"So... I wanna take you to this knew place! It has jelly for desert! After, we can go to the science labs!" He suggested.

He knew I loved SFIT and longed to go there, he was probably the best friend that understood me.

We ran to the food place and got a big plate of jelly, quickly devouring the food.

"Don't you love jello?" I asked him.

"Duh! I love gummy bears in mine though." He pouted.

"I mean it's so fascinating!" I sighed, scoping up the last piece.

"It's a solid, it's a liquid, it's a viscoelastic polymer made out of polypeptide chains but you eat it!" I exclaimed, getting Hiro to stare at me. "I mean, it tastes good!" I grinned sheepishly.

"How do you know that? You don't learn that stuff until year 10." Hiro said confused.

"Oh uh... The teacher went off topic yesterday." I lied. He bought the lie and started to pay after I insisted a ton.

We decided to walk around the park before going to SFIT, watching loads of children running around the place.

"You know a playground has more germs on it than a toilet seat?" I asked him.

"I actually did, it's quite random but funny." Hiro exclaimed.

"I know! All the the equipment have traces of salmonella, shigella, hepatitis A and a norovirus! A lot of other playgrounds have been tested positive for E.coli and almost every single playground contains fecalflora. Children, who are particularly at risk for infection, ingest the bacteria after putting their hands in their mouth!" I said with ought breathing. Hiro just stared at me.

"I didn't know you did biology in year 7." He stated.

"No we don't! I meant to say that you can uh... Get really sick!" I covered up.  I was really determined not to let him know I was a nerd.

He shrugged it off and decided it was time to take me to my dream college.

We went to SFIT together and he showed me Baymax. "Oh woah!" I gasped.

"Pretty sick huh?" Hiro grinned as I examined the nurse bot.

"Hyper spectral cameras?" I asked, looking into the robot's eyes.

"Yup!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Carbon fibre skeleton and killer actuators! Where did you get them?!- I uh mean... Wow... Baymax is cute!" I said.

Hiro looked at me and frowned. "Why do you always do that?" He asked me. I was taken back by his words.

"Always do what?" I laughed nervously.

"You know... Say something incredibly smart... And then try to pretend you never said it." Hiro questioned.

I just stared at him. "Because I like it better when you don't hide stuff." He admitted.

"I.. I... I don't do your nerdy thing, I'm not smart!" I protested.

"You're not smart?! What are you talking about?! You claim you are in year 7 yet you were telling me stuff only year 12 kids would know!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Give an example." I said.

"Well, today while we were eating jello, you knew the compounds, or at the park with the germs or with Baymax and his robotic parts!" Hiro reasoned.

I swallowed before sighed deeply. "Okay well... I guess that's true... I'm.. A nerd." I said quietly.

"And how is that a bad things?" Hiro asked.

"I'm weird, and different. While kids in school wanted barbies and make up, I wanted microscopes and DNA readers." I said sadly.

"But those things are cool!" Hiro exclaimed.

"Well, no one else thought so, I dropped my glasses, grabbed a new look and... Met you! I still have to use these things sometime though." I laughed, pulling out my glasses case.

"Woah! Those are huge!" Hiro gawked. I was about to shut the case when he pulled them out and put them on my face.

"Now you look even cuter!" He grinned. I blushed at his comment.

"Oh please... I'm not that good looking." I whispered.

"I like the glasses on! They make you yourself." Hiro smiled.

He continued to show me around the school as I kept my glasses on, seeing every detail I missed before.

And then on, after that day, I kept my glasses on, never took them off and never changed my appearance again.

I kept being me.