𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

At least his mother didn't care if he had feelings for Theo...not that he did or anything, of course...

Alex ran a hand through his hair. Okay, maybe he did like Theo, but he'd never allow anyone to know those details. To be fair, Charlotte had been discussing their relationship status for years, especially when he came out to her, she had been waiting and waiting for them to get together, and so had Alex...

About an hour or so later - as Alex had predicted - the Rosier's arrived at Malfoy Manor.

As always, Narcissa's house elves had set the ballroom up beautifully. Large decorations in rich colours of emerald green and black filled the hall and platters of expensive food and cakes were layer out on tables. There was a drinks station with glasses of fancy wines and bitter - yet rich - Bourbon and beer decorated with beautiful jewels and heirlooms.

"She does like to show off," Evan Rosier grumbled.

"Evan!" Hissed Andrea, smiling brightly at no one in particular; just making herself look presentable in front of everyone.

"No need to try so hard, dear, it's just your relatives," smirked Evan.

"Not all of them," she smiled kindly, "your forgetting all of the scandals that these people have had."

Alex smirked at this; he knew that something had gone wrong down in the Nott family tree that actually stopped both Theo and his father from being related to anyone in the room. Something about a woman cheating on one of the Nott's, yet he refused to divorce her incase of public embarrassment. Not to mention the scandals with the Crabbe family, Flint, Gaunt, Fawley...it was all a big bunch of lies...only the Black's, Malfoy's and Lestrange's were completely pure.

Even the Rosier's had 'tainted blood', his mother was a halfblood, yet Evan's family never cut him off, Alex wasn't sure if he was or wasn't thankful for that. The pure bloods could be scary.

"Ah! Evan! Andrea!" Narcissa Malfoy's voice was quite possibly one of the most boring ones Alex had ever listened to. "And young Alexander. How are you all?"

"We are quite well thank you, Narcissa. You have put together quite a spectacular ball today!"

"I do try my hardest, thank you," she smiled. Alex almost rolled his eyes, he knew the house elves had done everything to the room. He wished Lottie were here, she definitely would've made a funny comment.

As the adults all spoke, Alexander glanced around the hall. He could see Pansy and Draco sitting in a corner together, each with glasses of wine whispering in each others ears. Crabbe and Goyle were at the food table helping themselves to cupcakes whilst they caught up with one another. Daphne was sitting at a table with her younger sister speaking to Marcus Flint.

But then Alex' eyes met the person he was looking for. He looked so smart. His black suit and black tie looked so elegant, and his hair was sat perfectly on his head, not an inch out of place. His dark eyes were already on Alex, and there was a flicker of a smile on his face, it made Alex' knees feel weak. Theodore Nott; he was just so perfect.

Alex look towards his mother who gave him a nod or approval that he could leave his parents, and made a move towards Theo.

"Hey," Alex smiled.

"I've been waiting for you!" Theo grinned, "it's been so boring, all of these random people coming over and questioning me about my OWL's and where I'm going after school...the same conversation gets so boring!"

Alex chuckled, taking a seat at an empty table, though the pair weren't alone for long.

"Little Rosier and Little Nott!" Bellatrix Lestrange laughed. "My my it's been a while since I've seen you both. How is your magic going?"

Alex groaned internally. Why couldn't he be left alone with Theo?

"Our magic?" Repeated Theo.

"Yes, yes! Your spells, are you getting good?"

"Uh, yeah...we're good," Alex nodded, he was never usually questioned on his magic skills.

"Good. Is Severus still teaching at that monstrosity of a school you attend to?"

"Yep," nodded Theo, "potions."

"I don't understand why Severus doesn't attend these little parties my cousin throws. He's only a halfblood yet he still gets an invite, and he has the cheek to say no! It's so awful of him. He must learn to be grateful!" She complained.

Alex nodded along, he was used to these balls being some kind of slag off session for the adults who think that they're better than everyone.

"Well. I must find Rudolfus, Salazar knows where he's got himself to, probably off with Lucius discussing nonsense again. Those two shouldn't be allowed out on their own. They always make plans to waste our money!"

She rushed off in a huff, and Alex and Theo shared a look of annoyance.

"Blimey," Theo breathed, "that woman scares me."

"Me too," Alex said quickly, his eyes glued to Theo. He looked so perfect right now. "Why did she ask about our magic? That's a new one."

"Dad says she likes dark magic. She probably wants to know who's following in her footsteps," Theo shook his head. "Crazy woman."

The night went on, and Theo and Alex stuck with one another, having a few encounters with adults and making small talk with people from school, though by the end of the night, they were sat in the garden looking up at the stars.

"I love looking up at the sky," Theo said quietly, his body particularly close to Alex'. "Especially from the astronomy tower. It's beautiful up there at this time of night."

Alex hummed in agreement. He couldn't get a single word out. He was so close to Theo that his body was screaming at him to inch forward, to connect their lips. Kiss him. Tell him how you feel. It's Theo! It's your chance! It's been years.

"Are you okay?" Theo asked.

Alex looked at him. He looked at those rosy cheeks. He looked at his perfect lips, they weren't at all chapped, just perfect.

"Alex?"

"Can I kiss you?" Alex spluttered, his face burning red.

"You don't have to ask me twice," Theo smirked.

A/N

Slay

Qotd: how long have you been waiting for Thalex?

Word count: 1474