𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐂𝐄𝐂𝐄 & 𝐋𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐍 ❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐂𝐄𝐂𝐄 & 𝐋𝐔𝐏𝐈𝐍 ❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte sat at the kitchen table of Potter house, having the experience of a life time.

"And then you have the nerve to let her get attacked by a werewolf and not move in with you and your nice big house, nooo! You send her away with your parents!" Cecilia roared at Remus Lupin as she waved a frying pan in the air.

"Cece you've had this conversation with James before, that's not what happened!" Remus cried, edging away from the pan.

"Reckon she'll beat him?" Harry whispered to Charlotte.

"Can't say I'm not excited to find out," she whispered back, and the two giggled.

"You are so annoying, Remus Lupin!" Cece cried, her hand hitting the table. "You may have slipped away the last...what? Three times I've tried to talk with you?"

"Those were talks with James and Sirius...I-"

"Excuses, excuses!" Cece rolled her eyes dramatically, the pan still in her hand.

"Can we...you know...put the bloody pan down?" James Potter asked, slipping into the kitchen.

"No! He's learning a lesson right now James, either sit with the kids or shoo!"

James did as he was told and sat down opposite Charlotte and Harry.

"Have you made any efforts with Lottie recently?" Cecilia asked Remus, her eyes flickering towards the ginger who looked oh so like her mother.

"Well - I mean - I have summer plans to -"

"Yeah that's bullshit." Cece groaned in annoyance, "what happened to you Moony? Where did that boy I used to know go?"

"Cece I'm still here, I just-"

"You are not the Remus Lupin that Adelaide Winters met all those years ago," she said carefully. "You used to mope around for hours whilst she painted, you'd make brownies and cookies with her, you'd kiss the bump on her belly that your daughter filled! Remember how excited you, Sirius and James were to be dads? Now look at your daughter, you can't even tell me three things about her!"

"Who said I can't tell you three things about her?" He shouted in frustration.

"Your own inability to be a good father figure!" She shouted back.

Charlotte sat awkwardly. She drew patterns on Harry's hand with her finger as she listened to the two adults argue about her.

Remus took a deep breath, "her favourite food is chocolate, she likes Honeydukes chocolate but sometimes it's too sickening and she would prefer Cadburys chocolate from the muggle shops. She keeps her hair down instead of putting it up because she prefers the way it looks, but in class she always get uncomfortable trying to decide if she'd rather have her hair tucked behind her ear or down. Before the moons she picks up little habits like biting her nails or sleeping in class; she's stubborn. Hates being weak. During the moon period she goes to classes and takes notes even if it's draining, she hates when the moon gets the best of her and tries her hardest to be better in it surrounding that time period. Is that good enough or do you want more?"

The room was quiet. Lottie's eyes flicked between James, Cece and Remus'.

"Just because I was absent when she was younger doesn't mean I'm not trying!" Now Remus was the angry one. "I know I've been awful, you don't need to tell me! I want to be better for Lottie but you need to give me time to prove that! I wasn't there for bloody years, she not going to want me to be her dad overnight, is she!?"

"Overnight? It's been three years, Remus!"

"She didn't come near me during the first two! I don't blame her but it's not exactly easy to be a dad to someone who doesn't want you there!"

Lottie grew more and more uncomfortable throughout the conversation, and she bit her lip as she watched them argue.

"I'm sure it's not easy to be a daughter to someone who didn't want you there after her mum died! Fuck - you stormed off and didn't even turn back to look at her! How do you think she feels?"

"Cece-" James interrupted.

"Oh yeah?" Remus scoffed, if looks could kill, this one certainly would. "Didn't you run off to France the second Addie died? You didn't give a damn about Charlotte!"

"Remus-" James interrupted.

"You know it wasn't like that! I didn't dump her into an orphanage and ban her loved ones from seeing her!"

"Leaving her is still leaving her! How can you dare comment on my parenting skills when you're hardly in the country and have no idea what goes on!"

Both were shaking with fury. Lottie was confused. A few minutes ago she was laughing over Remus' fears of getting beaten with a frying pan, but now the conflict was intense and the two adults were fuming. She had never seen anybody this angry - except maybe herself when seeing Erin Johnson, but that girl was a whole other story.

"You two, stop," James snapped. "You're acting like children, do you actually think Lottie wants to hear this? It's in the past. Yes, Remus, you hurt Lottie, but surely we're all mature enough to pick through the arguing phase and just talk?"

Remus looked over at Lottie and frowned.

"You guys are in my house and if you want to argue, do it in your own houses. I have three kids under my roof right now and they certainly don't need to see two adults argue like teenagers. Pull yourselves together for crying out loud!"

"Sorry James," Cece said quietly, though she smirked at James.

"Sorry, mate, and sorry, Charlotte. I didn't mean for you to witness that."

"It's fine," she shrugged, leaning into Harry.

"Now let's all leave this silly arguing to one side and order some dinner," James' smile returned to his face, and Lottie chuckled under her breath over how well he controlled everyone.

"Charlie, isn't that your owl?" Harry asked as Skittles flew through the window. "You've got post!"

Lottie never had post, not since Kaycie died, anyway.

She took the letter from around Skittles' neck and opened it, slightly intrigued. Harry read over her shoulder and his eyebrows raised. "Why does Theo hate his dads boatyard and why does he want you to visit it?"

"Honestly, I'm not too sure..."

A/N

Someone requested this chapter so it's just a quick and cheeky slot in before we meet Theo and his boats xx

Qotd; is university for you?

Word count: 1149