𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀ 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐌𝐒 ❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀ 𝐄𝐗𝐀𝐌𝐒 ❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Their first examination, Theory of Charms, was scheduled for Monday morning.

Everyone was in the great hall studying. Lottie was going through her notes, Theo was practicing a few charms, Alex was looking through a text book, Ron and Lucas were reading two years worth of Charms notes, Ron had his fingers in his ears, his lips moving soundlessly; Seamus Finnigan was lying flat on his back on the floor, reciting the definition of a Substantive Charm while Dean checked it against The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 5; and Parvati and Lavender, who were practising basic Locomotion Charms, were making their pencil-cases race each other around the edge of the table. Harry was attempting to help Hermione who just get snapping at him.

Dinner was a subdued affair that night. Nobody talked much, but ate with gusto, having studied hard all day. Hermione kept putting down her knife and fork and diving under the table for her bag, from which she would seize a book to check some fact or figure. Ron was just telling her that she ought to eat a decent meal or she would not sleep that night, when her fork slid from her limp fingers and landed with a loud tinkle on her plate.

"Hermione, you've got to relax," huffed Alex, nibbling a piece of chicken.

"Oh, my goodness!" Hermione gasped, staring into the Entrance Hall. ''Is that them? Is that the examiners?"

"Bloody hell! It is!" Lucas gasped.

Half of the fifth years whipped around on their bench. Through the doors to the Great Hall they could see Dumbledore standing with a small group of ancient-looking witches and wizards.

''Shall we go and have a closer look?'' Asked Lucas.

The odd mix of students from all houses nodded and they hastened towards the double doors into the Entrance Hall, slowing down as they stepped over the threshold to walk sedately past the examiners. Lottie thought Professor Marchbanks must be the tiny, stooped witch with a face so lined it looked as though it had been draped in cobwebs.

"Journey was fine, journey was fine, we've made it plenty of times before!'' she said impatiently. "Now, I haven't heard from you, Dumbledore, lately! You must start to respond to your letters!''

''Of course, Madam." Dumbledore said briskly, "time for a spot of tea, don't you think?"

It was an uncomfortable sort of an evening. Everyone was trying to do some last-minute revising but nobody seemed to be getting very far.

Charlotte tried her hardest to focus on her work, but she failed on each attempt. Harry noticed this.

"Want to have a break, love?" He asked, "we can wander around the castle, maybe go have a chat with my dad?"