𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒❀✯

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte had been staying at Lupin cottage for a week now, and in all honesty, she hated it.

It was beyond weird staying with strangers, and having set rules was something she wasn't used to. Charlotte also wasn't used to living with adults, and she certainly didn't like that. Sure, she had the Hogwarts professors however this was different. It wasn't easy for her to trust adults, and so it was taking her time to get used to her grandparents.

She sat at the breakfast table as she ate her cereal, her eyes looking over at the garden through the window. It was quite big, with many trees and a large shed that had been fixed up so that she could turn into her wolf form in it - something her father had done for about 15 years.

Hope was at her side, eating her own breakfast - a healthy mix of oats and fruit, something that didn't appeal to Lottie in the slightest. Lyall was at the end of the table, his eyes scanning the papers as he ate his toast.

An owl flew in, dropping a letter next to Charlotte. It was an owl she didn't recognise, instantly making her stomach drop as she thought about who it could've been sent by.

She opened it curiously, however as her eyes scanned the pages, a frown grew on her face.

Why? Because it was from Remus Lupin.

Dear Charlotte,

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for my lack of support in the hospital, I was still exhausted from the full moon and I wasn't in the correct headspace.

Secondly, I'd like to let you know that if you have any questions concerning the full moon, I would gladly answer them! I know being a wolf can be hard to deal with at first, and seeing as I'm quite experienced in that spectrum, I'll be right here for you!

Third of all, I'd like to discuss our relationship. I've been a pretty awful father, and I regret what I did with every single fibre in my body. I apologise for keeping this so late, I don't have an excuse other than it just being me being an idiot. You deserve to have a proper father, and I want to be that, I want to be there for you at all times.

When we get back to school, I'd like it if you and I were to have a proper chat about this. I understand this could be hard for you, but I really do want to give this relationship a go if you're ready.

I really am sorry, Charlotte. I hope you can forgive me soon.

Lots of love, dad.

She felt herself getting hotter and hotter as she read the letter over and over, anger growing as her eyes read every single word.