𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐍❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The first full moon since Kaycie's death was coming, and Charlotte Lupin was petrified.

It had been exactly twenty eight days since Charlotte had lost her, and she was trying to heal from it, she really was, it was just extremely difficult. Every small thing she saw reminded her of Kaycie, every object came with a memory and every memory came with an ounce of pain...it was an extremely draining and repetitive cycle.

Things helped to take her mind off of it, but the closer the moon got, the harder it became to control her feelings. The anger and sadness that was building up inside of her was so overwhelming, and as the clock ticked, her fear went up.

Lying in her bed, Harry's muscular arms holding her close, Lottie buried her head in her boyfriend's chest, her nose blocked and stuffy, her chest and throat aching. She was swarmed with nerves and what ifs that wouldn't go away, the only thing that kept her calm was Harry's soft breathing and the hand that was soothingly rubbing her back.

Harry had gone into a protective mode across the past few days.

No matter what it was that she needed, Harry was there for Charlotte as much as he could be, he even pushed aside his nights of sleep to comfort her through her restless ones (which Lyall had been rather argumentative over, claiming they should have been at least two metres apart.)

He ran his hands through her hair, kissing her forehead every now and then. He wanted to be more comforting, but he was unsure on how he could help. He had never dealt with grief himself, so it was rather confusing, especially when the full moon was only hours away.

"My dads going to be here soon," he mumbled into her hair.

She looked up at the clock and winced. Any minute now, James was due to arrive at Lupin cottage for the full moon. Lyall had already made sure the shed in the garden was still safe, and it was, meaning they wouldn't have to travel.

Lottie was scared. So, so scared.

She had felt her emotions building up for hours, her stomach churned at how angry she already felt and she hadn't even turned yet. She had accidentally snapped at both Hope and Harry today, and despite that fact they understood, she still felt guilty.

Hearing the front door open from all the way downstairs, Lottie groaned. "He's here."

"Already?" Harry sounded panicked, his eyes were wide as he looked at his girlfriend worriedly. He couldn't bare to think about the moons, it pained him to know she would experience such tremendous pain.

"Yep," her heart began to race. She didn't want to transform, it was terrifying to even think about, yet she couldn't get rid of the thoughts about it.

Her bones would snap.

Her body would reform.

She would scream, shout, cry, and nothing would stop, not until the wolf was in full power, and even then her body would be drained and painful for days after.

"Charlotte! Harry!" Hope shouted up the stairs.

"You ready?" Harry asked, watching as Lottie sat up with a painful groan.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she smiled.

They made their way down the stairs and into the kitchen, where Hope and James stood with pitiful looks that made Charlotte internally groan. She hated pity.

"Hey kids!" James smiled, glancing between the two.

"Hey dad," Harry waved, though he couldn't bring himself to smile when he knew of Charlotte's pain and what was about to happen, it felt wrong.

"Ready to floo home?" James asked Harry, and Charlotte's stomach twisted. It was time and she wasn't ready.

"Yeah..." he looked over at Lottie, a frown on his face. He didn't want to leave her...he couldn't leave, he couldn't sit at home waiting for her with no word on her safety. "There's nothing I can do?"

"Go home Harry, they'll be okay, you have nothing to worry about," Hope promised.

Harry's eyes were fixed on Charlotte, he wasn't sure.

"It's okay, Bambi," Lottie said softly, though the racing of her heart told her she was lying. "Like she said, it'll be fine."

"Promise?"

"Promise," she nodded, kissing his forehead and walking towards the back door, unlocking it with the spare key and stepping into the garden, where Lyall was sorting out spells on the house.

"Alright?" He asked.

"Fine," she shrugged, watching as he pointed his wand in her direction and casted a spell that would ensure she would be back in clothes when she woke up the following morning.

"Great! Where's James?"

"Saying goodbye to Harry," she said, stepping into the dimly lit shed.

Waiting was the worst part of the moon. She usually had quite a bit of time after she and James were safely locked in, but she felt stronger tonight, she felt the race of emotions much quicker than usual.

James stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. They listened as the door was closed and locked through multiple magical enchantments, and at the last click, Charlotte felt a crack from beneath her, a sharp scream erupting from her throat.

James Potter was stunned. He checked his watch, it was early, so very early that he feared just what may have happened if they were even seconds late.

Another scream filled the room as Lottie felt pain like no other. Her bones and muscles felt as though they were being torn about at a rapid speed, every crack, every tear sent pain beyond the devils strengths.

She could hardly focus on the pain, instead her mind was on something else.

Kaycie.

That's the one thing the wolf could use against her, the one thing it could use as its power to shred any hope into tiny slices.

You could have helped her.

You should have done more.

She was hurting. You didn't notice.

Every message was like a jab in the stomach, her mind drifted further and further away from sanity as every moment went by, it was torture on all different levels.

And so time went on, and as it did, the wolf took full power, clinging to it with every ounce of pain it had taken from the fifteen year old.

Clawing at anything possible, the wolf took out it's rage. Every wall, floorboard, any object was coated with marks with no remorse.

But it didn't satisfy the werewolf.

Despite the stag that was trying its hardest to take the wolf's attention, it wasn't satisfied. Claws dragged across its body, down its neck, back, stomach, arms, the wolf wanted pain, so that's exactly what it brought to itself.

And that's how it went for hours.

Claws, sharp nails, and sticky blood with only one thing echoing in her head; Kaycie is gone.

A/N

2k away from 1m omfg

Qotd: have you watched Tik Tik Boom? If so, thoughts?

ALSO when we hit 1m, expect the PREQUEL to this story 'Bittersweet Love.'

Pls it's been over a year and there still hasn't been anymore bittersweet chapters

Word count: 1179