𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It had been four days since Charlotte returned to the Lupin residence, and overall, it really wasn't great.

She wasn't sure what was worse; Christmas without Kaycie, or the constant looks of sympathy and 'are you okay?' every second.

She respected Hope and Lyall, they had taken her in and been kind enough to offer her a roof over her head, but they really didn't know how to handle a mourning child. They didn't understand that she wanted to be left alone to her own thoughts and they didn't notice the late night walks or the constant smell of tobacco, and even if they did, what would they do?

The pair had never been angry or told her what to do, they didn't set out any unnecessary rules and they weren't strict, so Charlotte didn't really know or even care how they would react to her sneaking out each night to smoke.

Perhaps it was her inner Hufflepuff, but Lottie did feel guilty. A part of her wanted to be closer to the elder couple, they were both so kind and welcoming, and yet another side of her lived in fear of them dropping her back to the orphanage if she slipped up.

She did like them though. As much as she hated to admit it, she had allowed another two adults into her range of trust. She wouldn't go to them with huge problems, but she was comfortable being around them and living with them. She felt safe around them, and little to their knowledge, that was a pretty big achievement.

Today, the fifteen year old and her grandparents had retrieved the Christmas tree from the attic and had decided to decorate the cottage for the Christmas season. This was something Lottie was quite excited about; she loved the idea of Christmas decorations. The beautiful colours of red and green were always do prominent at Christmas, as were gold and silver, it was always incredible to be able to stand and admire the work people put into their decorations.

"Right!" Lyall said, struggling slightly as he carried a cardboard box filled with baubles into the living room. "I think that's all of the boxes!"

Hope beamed, looking around the living room that looked as though people were moving out. She had a bright smile on her face; cookies were in the oven and hot chocolate had been made, she appeared to he having a great time.

"Merlin, I love Christmas," Hope breathed, turning to Lottie, who was holding a mug of hot chocolate in her hand. "We usually do it the muggle way when it comes to decorating, y'know, Christmas music and hand picked branches for each bauble, setting up the lights and tinsle in different styles each year...it makes the festive season much more fun! Is that okay?"