𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐈𝐗

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐂𝐔𝐒❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The first full moon of the summer arrived quicker than Charlotte had wanted it to. Within just a few days, she felt awful, her body ached to move and she had a high temperature, cold and yet sweating.

"Can I get you anything?" Hope offered. Charlotte was sitting at the table eating her breakfast, her head resting in her hand as she forced herself to stay awake.

"No thank you," Lottie shook her head, her eyes fluttering open and closed.

"You can go back to bed, you know," Hope said softly, "James is stopping by in a while, but you can sleep until he gets here."

"I can't," Charlotte shook her head, "it's my OWL year, I need to get used to staying awake, I'll need to spend more hours studying and I'll have to get used to that."

"You can work around the moons," Hope ran a hand through her hair, "your dad was able to do it and he passed."

"He was a werewolf for longer than me," Charlotte said bluntly.

The subject of her father brought conflict to her mind. His offer played around her head more than it probably should have. He had indicated that he wanted to gain contact more than once, but this? This felt like so much more.

Saying yes would be giving in. It would allow his guilt to wash away, she knew that it would just make him feel better about himself and that was not something she would simply let happen.

A small, very very tiny part of her wanted to say yes. A part of her knew he just wanted to talk to her, to see her as a daughter. Apart from her wanted a father.

The only problem is, she didn't know what to say.

What if she made a regrettable decision?

What if she made a life-changing one? One that would benefit and help her?

"Time doesn't change anything," Hope said sadly, "you could do a hundred moons and it would still have the same effect. As much as it hurts to know, you'll still feel some pain."

Lottie frowned, "so it won't ever get better?"

"No," Hope sighed, "but you can find an easier way around the days before the moon, things that help you feel better."

"Right," that was another thing to add to her bad mood. Her plan had been simple; get used to the time around the moon, work on the difficulty and the stress, and eventually get used to it.