𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐄𝐕𝐄❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The morning after the full moon, Lottie woke up in her bed, her body aching and her skin broken, she felt drained of her energy and as though she couldn't move.

Surprisingly, she woke up to a knock on her bedroom door. Her grandparents usually left her to rest the day after the moon, so it was rather odd to hear somebody coming to see her.

"Come in," her voice cracked as she spoke, and she suspected - hoped - to see her grandmother coming in with some kind of painkillers.

She didn't.

Instead, stood before her was a shabby looking Remus Lupin.

She gasped, utterly speechless as she stared at her father, hundreds of questions rushing around her head.

Why on Earth was he here?

"Hey Lottie," he said softly, "may I come in?"

"Er...sure?"

Remus Lupin was expecting a no, and quite frankly, he was frozen to the spot after hearing her accept.

She watched him stand still, a shock expression written all over his features. Was he going to come in or not?

He stepped in cautiously, his eyes flickering around his old bedroom. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," she shrugged, not knowing what else to say. In all honesty, she felt like complete and utter shit, but she wasn't going to say that to him. "You?"

"Bit peachy," he said, "how was the moon?"

"Same as always," she lied. It had been much worse, and Remus could tell.

"The full moons are always worse around these kind of times...your grief would have given the wolf more energy, made you easier to hurt. I had the same thing after your mothers death..."

"How long did it last?" She asked, hoping she would never have to go through that again.

"Unfortunately, I cannot answer that." Remus sighed, "it depends on your emotions, your own healing process."

Lottie huffed, it was going to take a while.

"There are things you can do around the next full moon to keep it safer," Remus said slowly, "keep an open mindset, rid yourself of negative emotions. The happier you are, the calmer the wolf is."