𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
♫︎𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐂𝐈𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅♫︎

(𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐞)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

(𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐞)━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Lottie had been on her Christmas break for two weeks now, and despite being in the orphanage, she definitely didn't regret coming back.

She hadn't realised how much she missed Kaycie until she was back in her company. Kaycie found a way to make the whole deadbeat dad situation easier to deal with. Perhaps it was her humour in the whole thing, or perhaps it was just easier as she had been through a similar thing.

Either way, Kaycie made things better.

The pair were sitting on the roof of the orphanage, cigarettes in between their fingers as the full moon shone brightly.

"So, is Beauxbatons any better this year?" Charlotte asked, exhat the smoke from her lungs as she spoke.

Kaycie was someone who struggled in school a lot. She wasn't the biggest fan of Beauxbatons. She felt like she didn't fit in, like she wasn't as prestigious as the other girls. They were all pretty, some were veelas, some just had natural perfection. They had blonde hair and blue eyes, with naturally clear skin and perfectly manicured nails. They were all well spoken and they had perfect manners, they were the type of girls that children would look up to.

Kaycie always felt out of place. She had black hair and liked to wear eyeliner, she wasn't one for bright colours and she had brown eyes. She wasn't the top of her classes and she found it hard to focus at times. There was a painfully obvious difference between her and her friends, it made her feel like she didn't belong there, like she shouldn't be there. It was an ongoing cycle of insecurities and stress, things she had never really known how to handle.

Her life on a whole wasn't as easy as the average fourth year. She had witnessed her parents brutal deaths in a car crash and was then shoved in an orphanage with nothing but the memories of the day they died to cling onto and the key to their family vault.

That all changed of course. Kaycie made friends with Charlotte when she was six years old, Lottie was only five but it was probably one of the best decisions she could make. The two grew up together and they learnt their ways around things, they used one another as their main source of survival. Kaycie had some more unhealthy coping mechanisms compared to Charlotte, turning to all sorts of things in hope they'd keep her going. They did, but they all held nasty consequences. Not that Kaycie really cared.

Kaycie was someone who would gladly listen to other peoples problems, but hated when she needed to tell people her own. She distracted herself by getting Lottie to open up, or by helping Charlotte with her problems because it simply took away the attention of her issues.