𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐒𝐈𝐗

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐘❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐘❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The morning after the November full moon, Lottie woke up in the hospital wing with a pain in her shoulder.

Sitting up slowly, she glanced around the hospital wing just as her father came strolling over, he looked tired, yet he managed to have the strength to walk about and be productive; Lottie was almost envious, she could hardly sit up right after a full moon.

"Morning," he smiled, holding out a hot chocolate, "these always help."

"Thanks," she said, taking the hot chocolate and glancing down at the marshmallows and cream that was on it.

"How was last night?" He asked, tapping the side of the bed lightly.

Charlotte thought back to the previous night; it hadn't been completely awful...painful, but okay.

"It wasn't too bad," she replied, sipping her drink, slightly unsure as to what she should say. Was she supposed to be kind? "How was yours?" She finally asked.

"The same," he chuckled, "not too bad."

"That's good," she replied, feeling the level of awkwardness rise. "How come you're up so early? Aren't you tired?"

"I can't give Umbridge evidence that I'm a...y'know. If I'm laying in a hospital bed the night after a moon...well that's a one way ticket to giving her what she wants; the wolf out of the school!"

"Has she been giving you lots of trouble?" She asked curiously.

"Other then taking over my job? Not really. There's not alot she can do, not under Dumbledore's, anyway."

Lottie shifted uncomfortably in her bed. Clearly, he and the rest of the marauders had no idea about the blood and silver quills.

"Yeah," she frowned, "I'm sure she won't do anything any time soon."

"Will you let me know if she does to you?" Remus asked, "if she has suspicions I'm a wolf then she'll probably think the same about you...you need to be careful, if anything happens, you should let me know."

"Will do," she lied.

But hey, he left her, why would she have told him anyway?

"I hope you feel better later on," Remus said, "make sure you drink that hot chocolate, it really does help!"

"Thanks," she said.

How and why was she having a normal conversation with the man that left her?

And just as that thought came to her head, it was followed by hundreds others.

Don't be nice to him, he left you.