𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀ 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀ 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A few weeks had gone by since the full moon, and Charlotte had recovered from the pain she had been in during the following days.

She had also made an agreement with her father.

Given the fact her friends had already managed to produce their patronus, he had offered to give her lessons until she was able to do one.

She hadn't wanted to spend time alone with him, however, she needed to get her patronus sooner or later, and he was her best help.

She knocked on the door to his classroom, she was not as scared as she always had been, but she knew there was still tension between her and her father. Things were better between them, better than they ever had been, but still, she was struggling to form any kind of relationship or give him any kind of father and daughterly love. She was more willing to accept a relationship between them though. Recently, she had discovered that people were easy to lose and that once they're gone, they're gone. She really didn't want to lose anyone else, especially with the hanging banner of regret that would follow if her father died and she had never shown even a slice of respect or fairness towards him.

Death had been on the young Lupin's mind a lot.

Kaycie's death had always been quite abrupt to her, sure she had known about Kaycie's childhood and the trauma she had faced herself, but death...losing Kaycie had never ever been even thought about by Charlotte. She supposed Kaycie would always be there.

Now, however, Kaycie wasn't here. She had gone quicker than a flame on a match. Who's to say it couldn't happen to somebody else? Who's to say that a terrible loss could happen again?

Lottie didn't like the idea of losing people.

Remus Lupin opened his office door with a bright smile on his face. "Hello Charlotte! I was just about to make a cup of tea, care to join me before we start with your patronus?"

"Sure," she nodded, following him into his classroom as she followed her new promise to herself to try harder with her dad.

"Have you had a good day today?" He asked, pouring the hot water into two mugs that had a teabag each.

"Yeah, much better now the full moon is over," she chuckled nervously. "You?"

"My day was very good, thank you," he smiled, "milk?"

"Yeah, please."

He poured some milk into the mug and stirred it, the both of them watching quietly. "Have you been practising the charm in your own time?"

"A few times, but it didn't work, I think because of the full moon," Lottie explained.

"That's understandable," he nodded, "sugar?"