𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐒 𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐔𝐓❀✯

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: mentions of death and suicide

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The days continued to go by, and each day appeared to get worse for Lottie. Christmas was getting closer and Hogwarts had set up their tree, the corridors brightly decorated with Christmas ornaments. The Christmas tree had beautiful baubles in red and gold, tinsel enveloping around each branch giving off a sense of warmth to those who passed it; Christmas was coming, and it was one of the best times of the year for people who celebrated.

A week had gone by since the death of Kaycie, and Charlotte had gotten into an awful routine of skipping classes and spending the day in her dorm. She didn't see the point in going to lessons, and there was only four days left of school, however, Harry, Theo and Alex had all been working together to get her to come back, to bring back the happy Lottie that they all knew and loved, not the robotic-like girl, who appeared just a dainty frame with an expression of loss and hurt. It was as though the fifteen year-old had lost her light, a dark cloud loomed over her and nobody knew what to do or how to help her.

"Love," Harry said softly, using a nickname he seemed to have picked up and had decided was perfect for his girlfriend. "Will you come to the Great Hall for dinner tonight?"

Before she could kindly decline, Theo spoke, "we miss seeing you at meals...besides, there's so much you've missed that we can catch you up on!"

Leaning back against Harry's chest on the couch, Charlotte sighed. "Everyone's going to talk about her, they all saw the news. I don't want to be in an environment where people use me to get answers."

"You're forgetting how good we are at pranks," Alex grinned from Theo's side, the pair extremely close to one another, "a word from anyone and we're on it!"

Charlotte pondered slightly; her meals had all been in the kitchens with Harry or Theo and Alex, going into the great hall seemed so overwhelming, it was like she had fallen off of the face of the Earth for a while and if she returned? Well, people would certainly have things to say.

It wasn't just that, either. Umbridge (as she had heard) was taking over the school and getting worse and worse each day, dealing with that didn't sound very appealing either.

"Please," Alex said in a sing-song voice. "It's only dinner, no lessons or anything, just some food and we'll stick with you!"

Alex had been rather worried about Charlotte. Seeing one of his best friends seem so sad, so unsure of everything broke his heart. He had never been close with Kaycie, they were friends, yes, and he enjoyed her company, but even that hurt to have lost her. He couldn't begin to imagine what was going through Lottie's train of thought.