𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: death, suicide
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"But Kaycie Lloyd was found dead last night."

Lottie let out a laugh, glancing around the room, knowing Kaycie was in there, "now that's funny...so she's here, right? I had a feeling she'd come to Hogwarts early! Where is she?"

James Potter gulped, his bloodshot eyes filling with tears, "Lottie, this is no joke, she was found dead last night."

The seriousness in his voice swept chills over Charlotte's body, but she refused to believe him. "No, you're joking," she shook her head in denial. "She can't be dead."

"Lottie-"

"No." She said firmly, though her hands began to shake as she started to process what was happening, "she's perfectly fine!"

And as James shook his head, a tear rolling down his face, Charlotte felt her whole world fall apart. Her heart shattered harder than any bone ever had done on any full moon, it was as though she were being ripped to shreds and nobody was helping to put her back together, instead she was just crumbling with no way of stopping it.

Kaycie was dead.

The closest thing that Charlotte had to a family was dead.

"H-how did she...when did..." she couldn't even finish her sentence, her whole body feeling numb as she looked up at the headmaster.

"Last night," Dumbledore said carefully, "we lost Miss Lloyd to suicide."

Lottie felt as though she was going to throw up right in front of the headmaster. It was like her whole world had just crumbled completely. Her bestfriend  - no, her sister - was dead.

The walls were closing in on her, her breath was hitched and she struggled to pick it up again, she felt out of control, like she were spiralling down a deep well with nothing to stop her from reaching rock bottom.

She didn't get to say goodbye. She didn't get to make the happy, fun memories that she and Kaycie had planned to. She hadn't been able to look her sister in the eyes and tell her she was completely happy with every event that had happened in her life yet. She didn't get to see Kaycie at her happiest point in time yet. She couldn't be gone, it wasn't time.

Charlotte stood up abruptly, her heart racing and her breath coming in fast, it was almost as though the air around her was thinning, she felt like she were trapped in the office, the walls quickly closing in on her, closing her in on the tight space.

"Charlotte-"

"No." That's all she could get out, not another word could leave her mouth as the world around her fell apart and every shred of happiness seemed to fade away from her.