𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐄𝐒❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐈𝐄𝐒❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte Lupin was not the slightest bit interested in this detention with her father, and so she lazily made her way there making sure she was late.

"We'll meet you outside in exactly two hours," Theodore Nott said to her as they finally reached Lupin's office.

"Sounds good to me - can we go to the kitchens after?" She asked.

"Yes! I want to try a banana split!" Alex announced.

"A what?" Lottie and Theo asked in unison.

Alex rolled his eyes at his friend's lack of knowledge, "you'll have to wait and see!"

"Great - well I shall see you in a few hours!" Lottie smiled, opening the door and walking into the office.

"Ah Lottie, I believe Mcgonnogal sent you?" Remus smiled, he had a lot to say to his daughter this evening, and he was slightly nervous to see how it would go.

"Yep," she replied, sitting on the chair opposite him awkwardly.

The tension between them was thick as they sat in silence, Remus' mind was screaming at him to speak and yet, he had no idea how to word his apology. He feared if it came out wrong then he would destroy any chances of a relationship with his daughter and those chances were already slim.

"Charlotte," Remus spoke up after fifteen minutes of awkward silence, "I'd like for us to discuss some things."

Charlotte looked at him with a glare that would scare the devil. "What things?"

"I wanted to apologise-"

"Don't," she said sharply.

"Please, just let me speak." Remus said in such a desperate tone that made her stay silent, however she certainly wasn't pleased. "First of all, I wanted to say how sorry I am, my lack of effort the past few years was extremely irresponsible, and I feel extremely guilty for my mistakes."

You should do.

"I understand that placing you in an orphanage was unforgivable, and it was not a thought out process like it should've been." He continued, "I shouldn't have done it, Charlotte, I am so sorry-"

"If you were sorry, you would've come back," Charlotte replied bluntly. Her face held no emotions and yet her mind was racing with them. Anxiety shot through her like a rocket and she felt angry. Angry for her younger self.