𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

✯❀𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

✯❀𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: mentions of death.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

On the third of December, Charlotte Lupin woke up in her bed, her head heavy and nose stuffy, her eyes felt sore from crying and her chest hurt.

None of that compared to the pain she felt on the inside.

She had lost her best friend not even 24 hours ago, and there was no way in hell she would be going to classes and attending lessons. It felt worse than it did during the summer after the incident at the orphanage, something she already had at the back of her mind and now this? This changed everything, Kaycie's death made everything hurt.

She glanced down at Coco, who was asleep on the end of the bed. Despite her pain, Charlotte knew better than to neglect a dog due to her own personal problems -- she would be no less than Coco's previous owners if she did that.

Changing into a fresh set of tracksuit bottoms and a hoodie, the fifteen year old got ready to take her dog for a walk and then to the room of requirements (which appeared to be changing it's appearance for the dog on a daily basis.)

When Coco was awake and ready to go, Charlotte managed to drag herself all around the Hogwarts grounds and back again, leading Coco to the Room of Requirements where she could enjoy herself and not be cooped up in one room.

She spent a brief amount of time throwing tennis balls for Coco, who bounced backwards and forwards with the ball, but she eventually became bored of it, and ended up running across the room to find something better to do.

Whilst she did so, Lottie got the dog food and a bowl of water ready, along with a fresh dog bone she had even keeping in her trunk; that would keep Coco happy for a few hours, and even after that Charlotte knew that the Theo, Alex, Harry, Hermione or Ron would end up coming to see Coco, they had all grown pretty close to the puppy.

And that's how it went for three days; taking Coco out, go back to the girls dorm, smoke in the astronomy tower and night.

It was how she managed to cope.

That was until the sixth of December, seven days before the Christmas break, when Theo and Alex came barging into the Gryffindor common room as Neville Longbottom had wandered in.

"Hello Neville," Theo said kindly.

"Hi Theodore," he said, nervously tapping his feet. "What are you doing in the Gryffindor common room? You two are Slytherins."

"We're here for Lottie," said Alex, looking around the room.

"Have you seen her? She's ginger, about..this tall?" Alex made some hand gestures, "rather cocky, she's dating Potter-"