𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐆❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐎𝐆❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: brief mention of animal abuse

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The summer was going by quickly, and Charlotte was enjoying every moment of it.

She saw Kaycie most days, thanks to the new timetable for who works at the orphanage and when, the girls were able to work their way around the adults one way or another, and most days James and Hope offered to drop them so that they were together either way.

Not only that, but Charlotte was seeing a lot more of the Potters. She spent a lot of her time with Harry, going to Potter manor or the park nearby, he even wrote to her some days, simply checking in.

Her feelings for him seemed to have doubled, and his new hair cut and growth spurt certainly weren't making things any easier to cover up.

Harry seemed to be someone who liked physical touch. They were also brushing their hands against one another, yet both to nervous and awkward to connect them. When she struggled around the second summer moon - or in his eyes, when she wasn't feeling very well - he came over to Lupin cottage, sitting and watching movies with her as she warmed herself with both his body heat and blankets. He offered her cool drinks and snacks when they were at Potter Manor, and the pair were often found laying on the grass as they opened up to one another a little more each day, the pair of them laughing at silly stories and embarassing events that came up in the conversations.

Charlotte was still struggling with what happened at the orphanage, some days more than others, however the time she spent with Harry certainly helped keep her mind off of it.

She refused to set foot in the orphanage, the thought of it made her mind crumble and made her want to throw up, and so she kept away from any type of discussion based on it, too scared of what would happen if she dwelled on the topic.

Lottie stepped out of Lupin cottage, a key that had been given to her by her grandparents in hand and a book in the other, a soft smile on her face as the summer breeze hit her.

"You took your time," Kaycie laughed, hooking her arm with Charlotte's, "now then, to the stream!"

The pair laughed as they made their way to a local park that had a stream running through it. It was a spot they had found the previous week, and had been there almost every day since. It was a calm and relaxing place, on where they could take about everything and anything, enjoying one anothers company.

"So, anything new?" Lottie asked when they arrived, sitting under a large oak tree.

"Same old, really. I've been talking to Marlene Mckinnon a lot, she's amazing! Definitely my favourite out of the bunch that work at the orphanage!" Kaycie said excitedly, crossing her legs and waving her hands around as she spoke.