𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀ 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀ 𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 ❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The week in which Charlotte was given to spend with her grandparents seemed to fly by. The three spent six days making new memories together; Charlotte and Hope baked together, Lyall taught Charlotte how to carve pieces of wood into beautiful shapes without using magic, they walked along the riverside together and gave bread to the ducks that lived in it. To normal people, these were basic things that a family did together in a life time together, but for Lottie, these were new and exciting experiences she had never had with family members.

"How would you feel about a little weekend away?" Hope asked her granddaughter and husband as they sat at the dinner table on Thursday evening.

"Where to?" Asked Lyall, placing his cutlery on his plate.

"When I was a young girl-"

"Donkeys years ago," Lyall whispered to Charlie.

"-my family and I used to spend the weekend in a little town by the beach called Hastings!" Hope said, raising her eyebrows at Lyall's comment.

"Where's Hastings?" Asked Lottie.

"Hastings has a lot of history, Hastings Castle is a huge part of England's history as it was the first Norman motte and bailey castle to be built here. When William of Normandy, known as William the Conqueror, landed in England in 1066, he ordered Hastings Castle to be built. Later that year, William went on to defeat King Harold II at the Battle of Hastings at a site close to the town of Battle. The Castle has had a turbulent past – when King Henry VIII declared himself the head of the Church of England he commissioned the Castle's church to be destroyed leaving the site in ruins! And that's only the castle itself, Hastings is also the home to St Clements caves!"

"What's so important about caves?" Charlotte asked, she only knew them to be holes in rocks.

"These ancient caves are steeped in so much history that no one is actually sure how long the caves have been used by man – or other creatures, for that matter. The stonework is draped in so much mystery that researchers still continue to try and discover the clues that tell the story of this historic area's secret past. The caves provide the perfect location for a vivid recreation of the fascinating, dark, and often bloody stories of smuggling and piracy along the Sussex Coast!" Hope explained.

"I believe that in 1989 the muggles created some sort of exhibition to explain the history of the caves, it's all quite interesting really, I do enjoy muggle history!" Lyall added.

Charlotte, too, was fascinated by the muggle history. "That sounds cool!"

"It's also a beautiful beach," Hope added. "We could get some fish and chips and eat it on the beach, and ride the special train that was made in the 1940s, it goes up this huge cliff, the top of it is a perfect picnic spot with a muggle ice cream van!"