𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐒❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: mentioned of sexual assault and underage smoking ━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"There's some post for you," James Potter announced, strutting into the living room of Potter Manor, where his God daughter was sat reading a book, her reading glasses - which she wore once in a blue moon - slipping down her nose. "Your glasses are about to fall off - wait! You wear glasses?"

"No," Charlotte replied sarcastically, pushing them up properly.

"Very funny," James said, handing her the post. "Your owl is cute, bit me once but still cute."

"In her first year I taught him to bite people I don't like by showing him pictures of all of you," Lottie smirked, "and his name is Skittles."

"Like the sweets?"

"No like the type of tree,"

"Gosh! Someone's sarcastic today!"

"Yup," she flicked through the post, there were a few letters from her friends, a list of school work to do from Sprout, and a package filled with chocolate from Alex.

"Oh, a couple of things...which I know you won't like but I can't swap shifts and I've spoken to people but everyone busy and I can't leave you here alone and Lily's working and-"

"James," Charlotte said, "I haven't a clue what you're talking about."

"You have to stay at the orphanage tonight," he sighed, watching as her facial expressions changed.

"What?" Charlotte whispered a hundred different thoughts running through her mind.

Since she moved in with Hope and Lyall - and just been away from the orphanage for so long, her mind seemed to have completely changed the memory of it.

It went from being the only place she had, the place were she had Kaycie, the place she could simply walk home to, even if she knew it would be horrible.

But now she has experienced different hospitality. She had slept in a warm bed that wasn't shared with multiple others, she had been with adults that she knew wouldn't try to physically hurt her. It was all so so different.

Despite only staying in these places for small periods of time, the orphanage was slowly drifting away from her, leaving her with nothing but bad memories.