𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tw: mentions of death and suicide, along with underage smoking

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte tossed and turned next to Harry, her body unable to stay comfortable and relaxed as she drifted in and out of nightmares and tear spilling dreams. It was a restless night; her body was tired and yet her mind was spinning with questions, with sadness. She wanted to cry, she wanted to scream and beg the universe for Kaycie to be back. She refused to believe she was gone. Kaycie was sixteen she deserved a life, one with happy memories and family bonding, she deserved to smile and enjoy the world she was in. She couldn't be gone.

After too many hours of overwhelming thoughts and theories, Lottie carefully wriggled out of Harry's grasp (which was lightly difficult, given the fact he was fast asleep, holding her as close to him as possible in hopes to keep her safe and happy.) She smiled, briefly watching as his chest rose up and down, soft snores leaving his lips before she pulled a blanket over him. He looked so calm, so peaceful.

Making her way up the girls dorms, Lottie went to check that Coco was okay. Harry had briefly mentioned that he been watching her whilst Lottie was with McGonagall, saying he left her in the girls room with Hermione, who was happy to look after the dog.

She pulled the curtains that were draped around her bed to reveal a sleeping Coco. She was sprawled across the bed, a stuffed teddy that James had given her was half in her mouth half out, her tail moving ever so slowly whilst she slept. It was a cute sight, one that melted Lottie's heart and managed to put a smile on her face.

She closed the curtains, casting a silencing charm around her bed incase Lavender or Parvarti heard any barking for the rest if the night.

The clock read 2:30am, and Lottie pulled one of Harry's hoodies over her head and slipped on her trainers, leaving the room with a packet of cigarettes and a lighter.

No words could express how Charlotte felt.

The pain in her heart was worse then any full moon she had ever experienced. No bone snapping, no muscle tightening, no scratches or claws could ever compare to the loss of Kaycie Lloyd. Memories of their time together flicked through Charlotte's mind, and she couldn't bare to think about the idea of never being able to create new ones.

"Lumos," she mumbled, a bright light appearing at the end of her wand as she made her way through the corridors of Hogwarts. It was eerily silent, and yet there were so many thoughts racing around her mind that Lottie felt like she was in a huge crowd of people.

Lottie felt guilty.

So incredibly guilty.

She could have helped Kaycie. If she had picked up on her pain, if she had noticed that Kaycie was struggling she may have been able to stop such an awful thing from happening to her. She could have helped her get better, made things easier for her.