𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Charlotte sat on the Hogwarts Express, her head resting against the window. Her mind was focused on her previous chat with her father, and questions were bubbling around in her head.

What was she supposed to do?

She knew some people would kill to have a father figure, and having the option to have one was amazingly lucky.

But what he did to her was not something that's easily forgiven.

The situation made her head hurt; she didn't want to be the bad guy, she didn't want more rounds of "he's a good dad" and "he's trying" but she also didn't want to throw herself into a father and daughter relationship, Remus had ten years of fathering to make up for.

"You okay?" Asked Alex, who was at her side playing exploding snap with Kaycie.

"I'm brilliant," she mumbled.

"You've been around Potter too much," Theo said with a smirk.

"Let the lovers be, boat boy." Kaycie laughed.

"If you keep calling me boat boy, I'll throw you off the train," Theo said, glaring at her.

"Aye aye, captain!"

Before Theo could give another grumpy response, the compartment door slid open, revealing Pansy Parkinson and Erin Johnson.

"Oops, we reached the wrong compartment," Erin giggled, sharing a look with Pansy.

"The compartments of mutts and scum," Pansy said, scrunching up her nose. "Theodore, Alexander, you really are embarrassing Slytherin hanging out with these...orphans."

Charlotte gritted her teeth but made no effort to satisfy the pair by getting angry.

"And you're embarrassing yourself hanging out with someone like her," Theo replied, nodding in Erin's direction.

"She's more of a Slytherin than you'll ever be."

"Then keep her," Kaycie shrugged, "I'm sure the Hufflepuffs would be glad to get rid of her and her attitude."

"Watch your step, Lloyd," Pansy warned, turning back to Theo, "you and your father are a disgrace to the Nott family name."

Charlotte wondered whether Pansy knew that Erin was muggle-born, it would be awfully embarrassing for her if she didn't.

"That's a shame," he leant back, cracking his knuckles, "whatever will we do?"

Pansy ignored him, and looked over at Alex, "you're a Rosier, surely you should have some standards?"