𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 & 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Christmas was a beautiful time of the year, however  the weather in England was never great. English winters were unpredictable; sometimes it was hours of calming rain, but sometimes it was an awful combination of wind and sleet.

Today was one of those days, however, Charlotte chose to ignore that, making her way to the park with Coco. Between the physical cold of the wintry day and the icy feeling within her heart, it was challenging to keep her pilot light on, to keep her core warm and her mindset positive. Lottie felt a tad disoriented as she wandered down the path, her mind in a trance as she barely paid attention to her surroundings.

She sat down against the very same oak tree that she and Kaycie had spent many nights sat by, the surroundings would usually be filled with their laughter and their sarcastic comments, but today, there was silence. The only thing that could be heard was Coco, who was racing around enjoying the atmosphere.

Charlotte smiled as she watched the dog run about, her paws damp from the previous nights rain, but she didn't seem to care, she was having fun. Coco had made so much improvement since the previous time they had been there, and Lottie felt like a proud mum as the puppy enjoyed herself in the grass.

Her eyes travelled from her dog to the river before her. The water was bound to be ice cold, but the sight was rather calming. As each water droplet hit the rocks of the riverside, she felt a little more relaxed. Things had been quite chaotic at Lupin cottage, Christmas decorations were hung left, right and centre and people appeared to be in and out all of the time. Hope and Lyall seemed to enjoy inviting their friends round to see their festive display, which Lottie thought was quite sweet.

"Hey Lottie!"

Almost jumping out of her skin, not realising he was there, Charlotte looked up at James Potter.

"Bloody hell, James!"

"Sorry," he grinned, "can I join you?"

"Course," she shrugged.

He sat down next to her, his eyes following Coco as she chased a bird.

"How have you been?" He asked after a moment of silence, he had been rather worried about the upcoming conversation, he knew Kaycie's death had hit Charlotte pretty badly and sent her into a rough spot. He hadn't been to well himself; he felt guilty for what happened. She should have been there for Kaycie, as her legal guardian and a responsible adult, he should have done more, he should have noticed.

"Fine," she replied, "you?"

"I've been alright," he said, "I do have a few things we need to discuss...about Kaycie, if you're comfortable, of course. If not I could come back another time-"