𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━
✯❀𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘❀✯
━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━✯❀𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘❀✯━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Hey Moony?" James Potter called out as he wandered into the Lupin household.

"In here!" Remus Lupin shouted, his voice slightly hoarse from the November full moon the previous night.

James followed the voice to the living room, were Remus was reading a book on the sofa.

"I didn't know you'd be round today," Remus said softly as he smiled at his friend. "What's up?"

"I wanted to get your permission to do something.." James said quietly, secretly crossing his fingers in hopes it would boost his luck.

"Ask away...?" Remus furrowed his eyebrows wondering why an adult would need permission from his friend to do something.

"Could I send Charlotte this for Christmas? It was Addies, Lily and I found it when we were clearing out the loft."

Remus winced slightly at the thought of his late wife, however he nodded at James. "I'm sure she'll love it."

"Really? Brilliant!" James exclaimed, a wide grin filling his face as he stared at his friend. "Are you going to give Lottie anything for Christmas?"

Remus simply shrugged. He had indeed wanted to give his daughter some of his wife's old things, however he just didn't know how to do it without Charlotte shutting him out.

"I think you should." James said firmly. "I want Lottie to be back in our lives properly, which means you need to make more progress!"

"I will." Remus said, rubbing his forehead as he frowned. "Prongs she hates me..."

"No Moony. You need to try harder! I'm not letting you give up on her again." James said angrily. "Now I've got to head off, but please try....I'll see you back at Hogwarts tonight."

𑁍𑁍𑁍

Christmas day came quicker then Lottie had expected, and the excitement of the younger kids rang around the house like a loudspeaker.

See, every year, some women in the area always got together and managed to scrape some presents together for the kids at the orphanage. They would bring cookies and brownies, along with stuffed teddies and second hand clothes to the orphanage, putting them in pretty little bags and handing them out to the kids.

Charlotte guessed the women had come early this year, because the cheers coming from downstairs certainly weren't being caused by Mary.

She rolled over on her bed, her body was drowned in tracksuit bottoms and hoodies, yet she was still freezing. She pulled her duvet over her head, praying for her body to go back to sleep.